Aura Bass shakers...25W version, or 50W Pro version?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Oct 28, 2001.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Thinking about picking up a pair of Transducers and can't decide which is a better deal. Those who have experience with both please give your input. I can get a pair of Pro (50W) for $60, or a pair of the 25W ones for $30. Are the Pro's worth the extra $$$ or should I get 4-25W ones for the same price as a pair of the pro's?
    I wish I could get a Buttkicker but I don't have several hundred dollars or a thousand watts to use on transducers.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Depends on where u'll put 'em. If only for sofas or recliners, a 25w shakers should be fine for each seat. I have installed them in friends' seats and they were about as much fun as my pro ones. Also, the pro ones are bigger and heavier which could be a problem getting into those tight places for recliners. But to tell u frankly, u never get enuff of them around. Buy more than u need as u might end up needing to "outfit" more seats in the future.
    Oh BTW, where r u getting these? I need maybe a couple for a loveseat.
    ------------------
    Eric Samonte
    Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    On ebay. There are tons of the 25W ones and they go between $25-$40. The pro models are harder to find, you get only one or two sets a week and go for $60. I plan to put them only on my sofa/hide-a-bed. I don't have enough amps/reason to put one in my recliner also. What would be best for just one sofa/hide-a-bed?