What's new

Aura Bass Shaker Questions (1 Viewer)

I am looking to add a few bass shakers to my HT and I have a few questions about them.

1. Should I get the Aura standards (25W) or the Pros (50W)? I have two 6 foot sofas that I want to have 2 shakers each. I'm kinda leaning towards the standard version. Although if I can get away with 1 pro instead of a pair of standards, I'd do that as well. I don't want to overpower the sub, just complement it. Are the standards going to be enough?

2. Do I need the FMOD 50Hz low pass filter? I've read several posts that offer different positions. I'd be interested in hearing any more comments from those with the filter and without. My main concern is having the bass shakers going off all the time, male voices, soundtrack music, etc.

3. Wiring question. I plan on placing a Y-splitter at the sub out of the receiver, sending the LFE signal to both the sub and to an older 2 channel sony receiver (for the shakers). At the 2-ch receiver, I want to place another Y-splitter to the left and right channels of the Aux line input. Then I was going to wire one couch (one pair of shakers) to the left speaker output and the other couch to the right speaker output. Is this going to work or is there a better way?

4. I've read about the Guy Kuo bass shaker mod (can't post the url). Has any one else tried this mod? Does this mod take the place of the low pass filter? Any pictures available?

Thanks in advance.

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
BUMP!!

Are you still thinking about shakers or have you done it yet? just hooked mine up this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks