What's new

Audition - creepy - Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
All I gotta say is that you should never watch this film late at night, and then go to sleep. I had some wacked out dreams of my own last night.

Spoilers below:

After thinking about the film, I think I'm inclined to go with much of the events being real, though, a lot of it was a man's fervent desire to fill-in-the-blanks of the mysterious girl who does these crazy, torturous, things to him, and when his pain centers finally get the best of him, his minds tricks him into thinking it's just a dream gone awry. If Aoyama, the father, didn't see it first hand in the film, you have to assume it's just his mind filling in the blanks of Asami's homelife/past.

You have to admit that when you fall in lust/love with a new person, your mind does go off in strange ways to imagine what that person is like, where they live, what they do, what they like, etc. Then your mind envisions what it'd be like to have that person in your life, and sometimes, the mind gets ahead of reality. This is that film that explores the darker sides of getting intertwined with a facade of "innocence" that hides a pain that can only be satiated with more pain.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
AUDITION is a spectacular horror film, and is truly touching, disturbing, and nightmarish! There are some pretty damn creepy scenes as well, and this film is one of my favorites! The film was very disturbing, but what disturbed me the most was the poor, cute little Beagle's fate
A really freaky scene is when you first see something in that bag move.

This is simply one of the best films I've seen in years, and I'm still shocked that it got knocked out of my horror tournament in Round 1! :frowning:
The R1 DVD of this classic is great, but I do wish it was anamorphic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks