What's new

Audio sync problems with some DBS programs (1 Viewer)

Dennis Toth

Auditioning
Hi,

Anyone know how to solve audio sync problems with the little DBS dish? It's a video lag problem where lips are still moving after the sound has stopped.

My home theater setup includes both C-band satellite (4dtv) and Dish Network (HD6000) receivers. When watching programming on the big dish,... beautiful picture with no audio sync issues. But when watching the small dish , most programming has a noticable video lag time, sometimes within reason, sometimes very bad, mostly just noticeably out of whack. The problem occurs whether I run the DBS receiver through my ACT3 processor HT setup or directly to my RPTV set's built-in speakers. Calling the techies at Echostar does no good as their standard answer is "oh really? ... have you tried resetting your system by powering off and unplugging? Gee, we don't understand ..... blah, blah". Needless to say, resetting has not solved the problem. I realize the DBS programming is highly compressed. Would this alone cause these problems? Any help would be welcomed.

Dennis

JoeyB

Agent
We must have been watching the same movie tonight.

I have also noticed the same AV sync problems with my Dish Network receiver (model 4922). This occurs only intermittently, and most programs/movies do not have this problem. On my system, the A and V are out of sync only on the digital audio output (optical), and not on the RCA analog audio outputs (I can listen to both at the same time - one through my HT receiver/speakers, and the other through my TV speakers). Unfortunately, the delay between the two seems to vary during when it occurs, so I have not been able to compensate for it with my receiver.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further info about this problem.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
It very well might be the provider having the problems and nothing do with Dish network or your receiver...

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I too have noticed some sync problems on audio/video. Was wondering if my setup was the cause as well. I just replaced the hard drive in my Dishplayer and was concerned something was amiss. Glad it wasnt just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks