What's new

Audio Dropouts on DISH 6000 HD PPV Movies... (1 Viewer)

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
I watched my first HD PPV Movie (Return to Me) but had Dolby Digital audio dropouts every couple minutes throughout the whole movie! I even missed dialog because of it. Is this common??? If that is how it is going to be I would just as soon send the whole system back and go back to plain old DIRECTV.
I have heard people complain of drop outs on HBO-HD but not Showtime HD. Is this common for the PPV HD movies? If so, they are not worth the $5.99.
------------------
Tim Sly
Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

CRyan

Screenwriter
Well, first of all get your money back. The loss of money tends to get people mobilized on a potential problem quicler than a simple complaint.
I have not heard of this problem. I have not rented an HD PPV yet so cannot speak personally either. I sure hope it's not. I mean if HD-HBO is dropping out and PPV, then this could lend itself to a hardware problem, or possibly a Dish transmission problem.
I have always found fault with HBO, but this could be closer to home I suppose... like with Dish.
C. Ryan

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
CRyan,
BTW, thanks for your Dish menu tips on my other post.
I'm considering getting Showtime HD and then I may not need PPV HD. I haven't heard reports of audio drop outs on Showtime HD. Dishdepot has offered to send me a different 6000 receiver if the problem isn't solved. I was told I need to talk to the advanced tech support at DISH during daytime hours as they know more about the 6000 receiver.
------------------
Tim Sly
Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

CRyan

Screenwriter
After a little more research, I have found that the HBO dropouts are occuring to DirectTV customers as well. So this puts the problem with HBO in this respect. However, it does not answer your question regarding HDPPV. I have a feeling it may have been an isolated incident, but who knows. I doubt that you are having any receiver related problems, but that is always possible.
I am going to rent my first HD PPV movie tonight and will let you know how it goes.
And on a second note, The Supranos was on last night in HD on HBO and there were no dropouts. I simply think that the HD mastering being done here is the culprit. Who knows, it is possible that the same mastering house that HBO is using is also being used by Dish. That is a far-fetched guess, but either way, I think it is a mastering issue.
C. Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks