What's new

Attn Julie K: "I'll bet you have a lovely singing voice" (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope Julie sees this. Bear in mind, however, that she has a pair of dune buggies traveling to the Red Planet and thus is experiencing a severe drought of that commodity known as "free time." Expect her to remain scarce for months to come.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
She told me in an e-mail that she is working mission-anomoly scenarios, which I suppose are just as frustration-inducing as some of the simulator runs your colleagues get to enjoy at JSC, Mr. Testa.

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
Ooooooh, those are painful, and familiar.

Spend months trying to work up elegant, clever, detailed ways to circumvent all the failures that may occur, and you invariably get hit with several during flight that come out of left field and hit you completely unprepared.

If you've ever wanted to see science geeks punch walls, that's when you look.

Andy

EDIT: oh, and so as not to hijack the thread, everyone PLEASE go to the site Joseph found. It's fantastic, professional quality music with some free downloads. I'm damn close to ordering one myself. And if Julie doesn't check in to see it, I'd even be willing to chip in and help buy her one for Shoggothmas. It's that good! Almost better than Jingle Cats!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"If you've ever wanted to see science geeks punch walls" OH now that would be funny!!!

B

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
[Jerry Lewis whimper]

OWWW! OWW! My knuckes, OWW! Hey Lady, could you... OWW!

[/Jerry Lewis whimper]

Never let it be said I don't have a sense of humor regarding my position in the Hall Of Stereotypes.

Andy

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
Must be interesting to have a cool job...
Sometimes I wish I was still loading airplanes. All through February I wished I was doing almost anything else. But there are moments when that little voice in your head reminds you that what you're doing right now is pretty f'ing cool.

However, in an hour I'll be hawking a slide show to the shuttle robot arm program office about a tiny glitch in the arm software and all the work I've done in the past two months to find out why it happens, and why I need more time to figure it out, even though it may have no impact on anything.

Cool? you decide.

EDIT:

[supress ego]
but you were probably talking about Julie's job at JLP, eh?
[/supress ego]

Andy

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jack, is there a group photo of the people who worked on the buggy, with Julie in it?

Just curious if she dresses like a Cthulhu worshipper.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to guess this person from the photo:

She looks like a possible Cthulu fan who also hates "shrieklings".

Perhaps we should get a pool going. :)

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
We can just pull out all the female faces, post them for speculation, and sit back and wait for the restraining orders to roll in. Find the summons with her name as 'complaintant' and we've found her!

Andy

BTW the page that picture appears on is here. There isn't much information on the individuals involved.

Edit: it looks like that photo is mostly the Athena folks who put together the instrument packages. I'm guessing that the GNC planners weren't in this photo.

Damn, try blowing that up and each face is only about 70 pixels! Wheres that 'zoom in and enhance' feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks