What's new

Attention Zardoz fans! (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's hardly a "bad" film. Damn it!

It was last screened in 35mm here in L.A. three years ago at the New Beverly Theater.

"I know more than you think."

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I agree, not a bad movie at all. The book that this screening is promoting sounds like another tired retread of those "Golden Turkey" books from a number of years ago.
Jack, how was the print that screened in LA? I'm trying to plan our Big Screen Classics series for this coming Winter-Spring and I'd love to lobby to include ZARDOZ since I've never seen it theatrically :)
www.bigscreenclassics.com

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It was actually a nice print, and only got a little rough just before and after the reel changes. The film has played at the New Beverly before, with another three days of screening back in 1995 or thereabouts.

And I saw a really nice print at the now-defunct Vagabond Theater on Wilshire.

The film looks nice in 35mm; there's a lot of really good photography in the thing!

"Without me you're nothing."

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Thanks for the info, especially on locations. I'll have to contact Criterion Pictures (not the DVD folks), they handle the Fox library for repertory product, and see what they say about the 35mm's in stock. A little bit of Film-Guard can drastically improve those rough reel changes...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks