What's new

Attention Joel Mack and HTF football league (1 Viewer)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
So have we found a 12th man yet, or do I need to start fart in Edwin Pereya's and Gary Tooze's threads looking for another player? ;)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Joel,

Didn't see this thread. Haven't visited this section in a while, lol! Yes, I do want to play and will reserve the spot in the league. S.B. Bound.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Just joined League I. (I sent you an email about League II Ross, but that was before I realized league I still had an opening. Not that I care which league I enter)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
League I
I'm guessing it won't be possible to have two or more people at the same computer come draft time, will it? It's always been one of the funnest parts of the season hanging out with friends while you make fun of them picking Keyshawn Johnson in the first round. Maybe if you use separate windows for each player, but then you run the risk of getting who's who mixed up. Oh well, we'll just have to see.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey, let's all hop a plane to Vegas and hold our draft in one of the sports books! Yeah! Who's with me? :cool:

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Ross, yes you can. My fiance and I do it all the time. She checks her email in one window, and I'll go to a separate window and check mine. You just can't do it in the same window.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I might actually have to get Keyshawn in the 1st round due to my last place draft. :eek: :angry:
Guess that's what I get for being impatient.
Ok, I'm just joking folks. :D

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
In my expierence, it always kicks one user out, even if they are using a different window. If John wants to do it, I suggest he tries it out before draft day, to make sure that it's possible.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
While reading the rules of the draft, I came across this nugget o' information:
Additionally, while we strongly suggest that each coach participating in a live draft uses his/her own computer, it is possible to have multiple coaches drafting on the same computer.
In order for multiple coaches to draft at the same time, the first user would log in, open the Java Draft applet, and then log out of Yahoo while keeping the draft window running. The second user (and any subsequent users) would then have to log in and launch another draft client.

Sweet. John Spencer (Jackson Rednecks) and I (Springfield Isotopes) are in the same town and might just do this, if the smack talking doesn't get too inflammatory. :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Rise, long-dead thread, rise!
I thought someone else would've come back by now and starting talking smack about picks and such.
The whole bit with Tulsa was funny though.
"Sorry I'm late guys!"
"Oh, you will be..."
:D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Indeed :)
Anyway, I thought the draft went well - the new & improved Yahoo system is a WHOLE lot better over their old one, and it went a lot faster than last year's.
Hope you're ready for a beating, Springfield!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Irving Claymores, I presume?
I had thought about running a poll about the name of my team. I thought about Shermer Prophets, SweetKnuckle Puppets, Springfield Isotopes and Sunnydale Slayers (and the obligatory James Brown Mafia). :D
It's going to be a tough year with so much talent concentrated within 12 teams instead of 20. Good luck to everyone and have fun, most importantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks