What's new

Attaching Studio 20s and 40s to Stands (1 Viewer)

Bob_Hammond

Agent
How should I attach Paradigm Studio 20s and 40s to stands? Is double sided tape enough, or should I use screws? I'm a little afraid to drill into the speakers. I have the 20s now, and am looking at getting some 40s to use as the fronts. They seem to big to use just tape.

Thanks

Bob

Wynda

Auditioning
Hello Bob:

First of all, what kind of speaker stands are you currently using? Are those from Paradigm (Premier Speaker Stands J or S Series)? If you are, they do include isolation pads in their packaging, which are placed on the upper plates. The speakers will adhere to the stands, without the need for any screws or adhesive taping. Granted, if you do not try to knock the speakers over, obviously (no duh!).

If the speaker stands are from a different company, you can purchase the "Blu-Tack's" that Thang had mentioned. You can purchase these from Audioadvisor.com. You should be able to find something similar at your hardware or convenience store. The Blu-Tacks usually go for about $10. Simply place one on each corner of the top plate of the speaker stands. Put your speakers on top. Most of the time, you don't have to screw the speakers onto the stands.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Do NOT drill holes into the speaker. BlueTac works fine (sticky clay substance that doesn't mark surfaces). Don't get this at an audio place... Office Depot sells it for significantly less $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks