What's new

Arrow (season 2) (2 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
You know, I was going to drop Arrow from my program line-up next year, but with the announcement of Brandon Routh recurring on the series as The Atom, I will continue to watch at least part of next season to see if his presence makes the show any more appealing to me..

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Oh Brandon Routh...I've just gotta give props to the Arrow team. They're just doing what they want to do and creating a quality show. It's nothing at all like Smallville.

My only two nitpicks would be to lighten the show, storywise, a bit...and add one more light to each scene. I don't know if it's the Hulu streaming, but the show is extremely hard to see at times.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
Oh Brandon Routh...I've just gotta give props to the Arrow team. They're just doing what they want to do and creating a quality show. It's nothing at all like Smallville.

My only two nitpicks would be to lighten the show, storywise, a bit...and add one more light to each scene. I don't know if it's the Hulu streaming, but the show is extremely hard to see at times.
The lighting is dark on original broadcast as well.

I'm hoping that the Atom and any crossovers with The Flash will lighten up the storyline. The crossover promo for The Flash seemed quite a lot lighter in tone than Arrow.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A news story with a producer of the show said that their will be a 2hr crossover episode with The Flash.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
NeilO said:
The lighting is dark on original broadcast as well.
Thanks Neil. That makes me feel better...and I need to adjust my viewing. I shouldn't watch the show in daylight because of the glare (on the TV anyway).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Not that it affects the enjoyment of the show at all, but DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns said that Arrow (and the Flash) are in a separate universe from what the company will be doing with Batman v Superman, Justice League, etc. I think that's kinda foolish, since Arrow gets a whole lot right with these characters and their universe.
The silver lining with that news is that it leaves the DC television universe open to its own take on Wonder Woman. The core idea of the "Amazon" pilot, with a young Diana sent by Themyscira to assimilate into contemporary society and report back, would probably be more interesting than whatever they ultimately do with Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Not that it affects the enjoyment of the show at all, but DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns said that Arrow (and the Flash) are in a separate universe from what the company will be doing with Batman v Superman, Justice League, etc.

I think that's kinda foolish, since Arrow gets a whole lot right with these characters and their universe.

Anyhow, here's his comments:
http://www.blastr.com/2014-7-20/its-official-cws-arrow-and-flash-separate-universe-justice-league
I agree with you. Wasted opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks