What's new

Armored Core series, 6 and beyond (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Watched the game play preview for the game. Looks like another good excuse to die repeatedly from From Sofware. No one does mech action or mech design

Edit: Link wasn't working.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From the short example here, the music for this game has a Blade Runner vibe, meaning the original film not the sequel. It feels like a bit of an homage to Vangelis's music for BR.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm skipping this. I own four other AC games. And the pattern is the exact same with all of them. The control scheme is the albatross of this series.

No matter how polished I'm sure this one will be like all the others and control will be like wearing boxing gloves trying to tie my shoes, the control never feels intuitive/natural. Like tank controls for the 21st century.
Maybe If I loved mech games more I'd go easier on it, but I don't.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I very much look forward to watching others play this game
Yeah, I think this would be a great game to watch others play. I might try it, but I know I'd be trash at it. I've never actually tried playing anything in this series, bit the gameplay trailer was pretty to watch.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The review I posted from IGN is favorable at a solid 8.
The link was not working.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Buy it!!!!
shocked holy shit GIF

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
When I heard about the 'Hard Lock' it was the major quality of life improvement that made me buy in. It is so much better than any title of the series I have played beyond that. The controls seem so much better in general from hovering to flying it is very smooth, and the graphics and music are excellent (30 FPS Ray tracing for me). I guess some purists are upset about the 'hard lock'. Well than call me a poser, because it makes the game so much better. Especially in frantic situations.

This is the main reason I never loved the series. Too difficult with so many other hazards. It never felt like I had full control of my mech and lost sight of what was going on in the frenzied battles. This video explains it perfectly.

I do not feel this 'hard lock' addition (more accessible to the average players out there) is a bad thing. Far from it.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
They don't provide a way to turn the automatic lock off for those who.like their pain? :laugh:
It would be funny if that was the only option. People would really go nuts. Thankfully you can play OG style for those that like the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks