What's new

Argh! my TV just went out! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
My wife just called me at work and told me the TV screen went black. It's a 27" RCA. It's only about 2 years old.

I noticed the picture faded out once or twice yesterday while my son was watching Sesame Street and then it came back to normal. I just thought someone tripped over a cord at the cable company or something.

I had my wife trouble shoot it a bit by trying to watch a video to make sure it wasn't the cable signal. It's not the cable signal.

Any ideas what this problem is and what it might cost to repair? The TV is only about 2yrs old. I've got to make a few phone calls to see if I can get some sort of warranty repair.

This is depressing because I just sold my other TV while my HT is under construction. So, this is my only TV at the moment.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Anyone? Anyone? Anyone know what my problem might be and what it might cost me to get it fixed? I think I paid something like $380 for the TV. I sure would hate to drop another $100-200 to get it fixed. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks