What's new

Argh...(logged out again) (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Why am I frequently logged out of the HTF? It seems to happen once every week. Is there a way to set my cookies to keep me logged in indefinitely (or at least for a full month)?

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
This has been happening to me off and on as well. I am curious as to what is going on.

I should note, however, that when I am involuntarily logged out, I am automatically logged back in if I come back in a couple of hours.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
I've been having this problem for a while now. And not just HTF.. but other sites as well.

And now.. all of a sudden, *every* site is remembering me. I don't know of anything I changed. Before, I had deleted and reset cookies, etc.. to no avail. Even within a session, a site would lose me. But something changed. Wish I knew what happened!

I wonder if it's something somehow controlled by my ISP? (TW RoadRunner).

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
It can be a little irritating, but it really doesn't take that much time to log back on.

Not a biggie, IMO.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I rarely get logged out, but it usually happens just after I've typed in a long message and hit reply. Then I get "you're not logged in", and I log in, but my message is long gone :frowning:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
George,

When that happens (happens to me all the time), hit the "Back" button on your browser and copy your post. Then log in and paste your post as the reply. That way you don't have to type it again.

StevenW

Second Unit
This always happens to me on this site and at dvdtalk, and on two different computers also :confused:

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
George,
>I do. It almost never works. <
Hmm. I was having consistent problems with this too.. and for quite a while. I found that I'd try to post and get an error screen saying I needed to log in. Then, I'd enter my UID/PW, get the lost thread msg, then back up 3 screens (iirc) which got me back to the original reply screen.. with my reply intact.. and I could preview or post at that point. Go figure.
At first I would copy the msg to the clipboard before trying to post.. just in case. But after observing that the above process *always* worked, I soon quit. And now, I find that everything is back to normal... for now. ;)
I thought it was HTF at first, but then I began noticing it at other sites I visit too. [shrug]

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Generally speaking the reason that you have to log back in is because your cookie is getting reset or deleted and the software doesn't know who you are.

If you haven't already I would make sure that your setting in the User Control Panel > Edit Options area is set to Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) to yes. The other thing that I have found that has worked with others is to have them turn off the Browse board with cookies? option.

The other thing that I can suggest is that you clear your cookie directory, log out of HTF and then log back in saving a new cookie.

I am not really sure what else to offer.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks