What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Aren't you glad that whole 'boy band' thing is over? (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Backstreet Boys
N'Sync
98 Degrees

and probably another hundred mall-minted pretty boy bands.

Where did they all go? Who cares! What's important is that their crappy style of pop isn't around these days in commercials and music videos. I have nothing against good pop music, but all these boy bands did was rehash the same tunes over and over again with little originality.

Good riddance. Hopefully they won't return. I'm still waiting for Britney to disappear from the limelight.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Pop is cyclical. They'll be back in a few years. Until then, you've got solo Justin Timberlake to tide you over. ;)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Like anything popular, it will go in cycles. In another 6 years we will have another onslaught of new boy bands. I think that was the time frame between the end of New Kids to the beginning of The Backstreet Boys, N'sync, 98 degrees.

Britney, she will learn to adapt and she will more then likely follow what Madonna did during her career and reinvent herself every few years to keep it fresh. Her downfall will be, there are always younger and sexier girls out there who can dance and gyrate and attempt to sing.

My question is, isn't the decline in some of these groups or talent due to that in some ways they were fabricated by a music company and once they become a huge success, they as members begin to want more control over what they do as a group?
Instead of having other people write their music they want to write the music themselves to prove they have talent. I think the classic example is The Monkees, they peaked with the album Headquarters (which was written mostly by themselves), but after that they had so much squabbling between the members about whose ideas will show up on an album, it eventually destroyed the band.

Paul

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Like anything popular, it will go in cycles. In another 6 years we will have another onslaught of new boy bands.
Right so the time to rejoice is now! :D

While this boy band thing has gone back in its cave buy new homes, new cars, travel to Mars, get that liposuction you've always wanted, marry that attractive secretary, live life to the fullest! Because they'll be back...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Britney, she will learn to adapt and she will more then likely follow what Madonna did during her career and reinvent herself every few years to keep it fresh.
Nah, she'll be like Tiffany and her career will flame out and she'll pose in Playboy to revive her career long after we stopped caring. :D

Now if you said Christina Agulera, I might agree with you. At least she has some talent...

Jason

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I like you, Rachael, you're spunky.

The boy band thing stopped bothering me a long time ago. My sister you used to be into that crap and then she outgrew it, as most do. I'm sure I was into equally vapid things when I was that age.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
does anyone think these boybands are actually working on new material? if so, i personally can't wait to see the looks of shock on their faces when they look at the charts and realize their over 1 million copies sold in a week days are over...:D ...i'm really sinister, aren't i?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Supposedly both BSB and NSync are working on new albums. Nick Lachey's solo album comes out in November, so it will be awhile if 98 Degrees tries a comeback.

Haven't heard if Westlife is going to try crossing the pond again. They're still big on the UK charts.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Jasons reply about Britney following the path of Madonna
Nah, she'll be like Tiffany and her career will flame out and she'll pose in Playboy to revive her career long after we stopped caring.
I agree. Look at her now, her fame is fading already. The Britney hype is over. People are already saying "Britney Spears? Oh yeah, what is she doing now?"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Her new song just hit radio, featuring voiceovers by Madonna. Her new album is due in November.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Britany Spears will remain famous for showing her ass and tits while continuily spouting hypocritical crap like this:

'Look, if you want me to be some kind of sex thing, that's not me,' " said Spears. "I will never do that. I'm still doing what I love to do."

I ain't mad though. :D

I'd rather look at her than hear her.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Not that she is ugly, but she ain't looking as good as she used to. Her face is starting to look "Hard". She's turning out to be more like Jennifer Love Hewitt. Jennifer used to be so cute when she was younger, but now that she's grown up, she's lost all of that cuteness and is starting to just look average.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Only on the HTF can a thread about the demise of 'Boy Bands' plunge into pictures of Miss Spears almost naked...
You got to love that.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks