Aren't you glad that whole 'boy band' thing is over?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gary->dee, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

Backstreet Boys
    N'Sync
    98 Degrees

and probably another hundred mall-minted pretty boy bands.

Where did they all go? Who cares! What's important is that their crappy style of pop isn't around these days in commercials and music videos. I have nothing against good pop music, but all these boy bands did was rehash the same tunes over and over again with little originality.

Good riddance. Hopefully they won't return. I'm still waiting for Britney to disappear from the limelight.

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Pop is cyclical. They'll be back in a few years. Until then, you've got solo Justin Timberlake to tide you over. [​IMG]

3. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

Like anything popular, it will go in cycles. In another 6 years we will have another onslaught of new boy bands. I think that was the time frame between the end of New Kids to the beginning of The Backstreet Boys, N'sync, 98 degrees.

Britney, she will learn to adapt and she will more then likely follow what Madonna did during her career and reinvent herself every few years to keep it fresh. Her downfall will be, there are always younger and sexier girls out there who can dance and gyrate and attempt to sing.

My question is, isn't the decline in some of these groups or talent due to that in some ways they were fabricated by a music company and once they become a huge success, they as members begin to want more control over what they do as a group?
    Instead of having other people write their music they want to write the music themselves to prove they have talent. I think the classic example is The Monkees, they peaked with the album Headquarters (which was written mostly by themselves), but after that they had so much squabbling between the members about whose ideas will show up on an album, it eventually destroyed the band.

Paul

4. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

6. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    It's not over until the lot has been drug behind a pick-up truck![​IMG] I feel evil 2-nite!

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I like you, Rachael, you're spunky.

The boy band thing stopped bothering me a long time ago. My sister you used to be into that crap and then she outgrew it, as most do. I'm sure I was into equally vapid things when I was that age.

8. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

does anyone think these boybands are actually working on new material? if so, i personally can't wait to see the looks of shock on their faces when they look at the charts and realize their over 1 million copies sold in a week days are over...[​IMG] ...i'm really sinister, aren't i?

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    Supposedly both BSB and NSync are working on new albums. Nick Lachey's solo album comes out in November, so it will be awhile if 98 Degrees tries a comeback.

Haven't heard if Westlife is going to try crossing the pond again. They're still big on the UK charts.

10. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Jasons reply about Britney following the path of Madonna

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm

Her new song just hit radio, featuring voiceovers by Madonna. Her new album is due in November.

12. MarkHastings

13. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

Britany Spears will remain famous for showing her ass and tits while continuily spouting hypocritical crap like this:

'Look, if you want me to be some kind of sex thing, that's not me,' " said Spears. "I will never do that. I'm still doing what I love to do."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I ain't mad though. [​IMG]

I'd rather look at her than hear her.

14. MarkHastings

Not that she is ugly, but she ain't looking as good as she used to. Her face is starting to look "Hard". She's turning out to be more like Jennifer Love Hewitt. Jennifer used to be so cute when she was younger, but now that she's grown up, she's lost all of that cuteness and is starting to just look average.

15. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Only on the HTF can a thread about the demise of 'Boy Bands' plunge into pictures of Miss Spears almost naked...
    You got to love that.

[​IMG]