What's new

Are you happy with the rather recent trend of brushed aluminum? (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
Do you like brushed aluminum/silver components (TVs, DVD players, etc.) or do you wish this trend never started and prefer that all components remain black?

I am fond of the new look, although it's not exactly new. I remember my family's first VCR, which was silver, and that was maybe 20 years ago. It seems like everything is going silver except for receivers, which might pose a problem when it comes to matching the components (although not for me as I keep my black receiver and CD player separate from my brushed aluminum TV and DVD player). One thing I don't understand though is the champagne-gold color components (such as JVC) as they don't match anything on the market.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I don't care for them. Black is fine with me.

I have a question regarding lighting though, can you see the components in the dark when watching a movie, as in the light from the TV reflecting off of the aluminum?

RobR

Second Unit
No, I can't, which is why it doesn't bother me. Some people use mattes, which makes it a non-issue (although I've never tried that).

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I use mattes for every single film I view, they are a true blessing! I cannot and will not watch without them.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Sorry, to answer your question Rob, I prefer black components. The brushed aluminum looks nice, but they're not for me.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
The brushed aluminum looks really cool IMO. As long as the design of the components is top-notch (i.e. not a clunky-looking design), I'm all for it!

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Don't like the brushed aluminum look for my components. I'm in the market for a progressive scan player and since I hav ebeen pleased with my original Sony I wanted Sony.....but since the only PS Sony I have been able to find comes in brushed aluminum, I'm looking at other brands.

it's all about aesthetics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks