What's new

Are you a Benny Hill fan... a Hill's Angels fan? (1 Viewer)

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Hi:
Hoping to find some Benny Hill fans here... especially fans of Hill's Angels. Right now there is a group in yahoo of over 700 members who are fans of Hill's Angels. We have a petition posted right now that is collecting signatures and will eventually lead to a Hill's Angels DVD. I have given this some thought and I hope that we may be able to request certain features (if at all possible), on a DVD release of this kind. There is also a Hill's Angels website as well that you can go to to learn more about Hill's Angels.
I'll post some links at the bottom of this message. Please check out the features I've mentioned below and post some more if you can think of any.
The Ultimate Hill's Angels DVD is kind of a vision I have. It would include:
1. As many of the Classic Hill's Angels routines as possible... everything from "Hot Gossamer" to Louise singing "Get Mad M'Lord".
2. Digitally remastered in 5.1 surround
3. THX'ed picture and sound.
4. Audio Commentary for the set by Louise English and Sue Upton. They could point out all of the girls and talk about working on the show.
5. Talent bios for all the girls on the show. These would be still frames with text explaining how they got on the show, what they did after, what dance numbers they were in and so on.
6. A retrospective documentary on "Hill's Angels". This would preferably be a 60 minute documentary hosted by Louise and Sue, and would include as many interviews as possible with as many of the girls from Hill's Angels as possible. It would be a way to catch up with the girls after all these years. It would also have any footage of Benny directing the Angels with Dennis Kirkland as well as the girls explaining what it was like to be one of Hill's Angels as well as what it was like to work with Benny.
7. I think the coolest thing would be any screen-test footage of the girls... just imagine the very first screen test footage of Louise English and Benny giving Louise directions... that would be cool!!!
8. An alternate Audio commentary with recorded comments by Benny himself (if there are any) that could be used for the Angels segments.
9. DVD-Rom features might include a "Guess the Angel" style game!!
10. And of course, an extensive image gallery of the girls and not the cheap-style one on the Golden Greats DVD that continues to scroll but the kind where you push a button on your remote to advance to the next photo. They would have to be archival photos and images and not just cheap "freeze-frame" style still-images!
I have given this DVD concept a lot of thought. Drop me a note and let me know what you think.
It would be nice to see if anyone could comment here on what they remember about Benny Hill and his Angels and if they would be in interested in a Hill's Angels DVD.
[email protected]
Here are some links for anyone who is interested in seeing what is going on around the net Benny Hill wise.
The DVD petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/angels1/petition.html
Yahoo Hill's Angels group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bennyhillsangels/
Louise English is famous as the most popular of the Hill's Angels... she just launched her own site:
Link Removed
The Ultimate Hill's Angels site hosted by mr_breeze98... excellent way to indulge your Hill's Angels mania:
http://www.hillsangels.com/Benny_Hills_Ax.html
My own very small tribute to Hill's Angels featuring Louise English:
http://www.geocities.com/threerandot/
Shawn

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
A noble effort and I wish you all the luck in getting them to make it. As for 5.1, if you really need a Hills Angel DVD in 5.1, then I question whether you really want this DVD because of Hill's Angels :D :) :D

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
I basically would want the 5.1 to make the music experience on the disc all the more exciting. Remember, this is just the idea for the "Ultimate DVD" of Hill's Angels. My requests for what would go on it are not written in stone. Just really good sound and excellent picture. A show like this is usually just on VHS and poorly transferred sound and picture.

threerandot

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks