What's new

Are the buttons on the Sony DA4ES remote supposed to light up? (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Are the buttons on the Sony DA4ES remote supposed to light up? The little orange screen lights up, but the small white buttons don't...is mine broken?

Ryan DC

Agent
The remote's buttons are glow in the dark. It wont charge them under normal 60 watt bulbs as I have found out. What I do is use a portable 18 volt worklight and shine it on them for about 2 mins. This has charged them for about 45 mins. and after that they start to get dark.

HaryR

Grip
Josh,
I have a 4ES as well and I found the remote not very easy to use, especially to change cable channel. So I bought a universal remote, a Radio Shack 2116 (30$):
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D2116
The sony receivers are particularly difficult to program, but you can hack the RS remotes with a JP-1 cable (18$) that link directly to your PC and reprogram the remote to control your entire system.
If you are interested I can give you more details and help you for the programming, if you don't know how to do it.
Hary

Alain_P

Auditioning
HaryR

i have a 4ES and i have been trying to program my RS 1995 with JP1. I lost patience and used and alternate learning remote. Can you send me your files or instructions for the 4ES. I was able to program my Pioneer dvd but the Sony is not very easy. Thanks!

HaryR

Grip
No problem Alain, please let me know your email address and I'll send you the file tonight when I get home.

I actually used an existing file found on the JP-1 group at yahoo.com using the same sony device codes (16 and 144) as the 4ES, then I just finetuned it, remapped some buttons and added few codes here and there.

When you get the text file, you can just load it into keymap-master.xls, change it to match your remote, remap some buttons to your preference, load it into IR.exe and then upload it to your remote.

I took me a while to get the process but I must say once you're into it, it's very easy.

Hary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks