What's new

Archive VHS labels (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
HA! Okay, I know, you're all poised at your keyboards ready to rip into a mod about a VHS post... but just wait.

I have a rather large collection of "bootleg" videos of some of my favorite bands (thankfully most better indie bands actually allow taping at their shows)- and until Recordable DVD comes down in Price, this collection will remain in my possession.

I have maybe 100-150 tapes, and have labelled them using regular printer paper and a glue stick. Unfortunately, many of the "labels" I've made have come unstuck over the years, and others have discolored.

What I am hoping to find is a VHS label set for inkjet printers (pref one that comes with a decent template layout)-- similar to the CD labelling systems they have for CD-R. I looked around at Office Max and came up empty...

Just wondering if anyone knew of a decent pro source for VHS labelling supplies that aren't super expensive.

-Vince

Dustin D

Stunt Coordinator
Fellowes makes them, and has a program that allows you to design the labels. It works really well, and the price isn't bad. Unfortunately, the VHS labels are only available on their web site, in my experience.
The CD Labeller Kit in stores by Fellowes contains the software for making the labels. I'd buy it and the VHS labels. That'd allow you to have the design program and the actual labels. I don't think their is a set with the VHS labels and the program. You could check, though.
www.fellowes.com
Just be careful with the printer calibration. It takes a few times to get the paper lined up properly.

JohnN

Agent
When I was doing some VHS tape archiving last year, I ran into the same problem.
The label template source I chose was Avery (their cleanstik white video tape labels [number 05199] fit the bill nicely):
http://www.avery.com/home.html
I found their software a bit much for my needs and found Visual Labels sotware more to my liking(especially with the free trial):
http://store.yahoo.com/rks/vislab.html
Hope this helps.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I have tons of shows on video. All sci-fi stuff. So what i did was go on ebay and bid on a large quantity of vhs cases. Like the ones they use in blockbuster. I measured the inserts and made a layout on my pc to make custom inserts. Then i made custom labels for the tapes themselves, by using the printer paper they sell to make stickers. I put a sort of laminated on the showing side and just stuck them on. IT worked great and they have been fine for a year so far.

A lot easier then paying $30 for 10 cases/labels set. I got 50 of those blockbuster vhs cases for $20 from ebay, $10 for the paper and thats it. Very easy. Its fun designing your own cases :)

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks