Archive all ***official review*** threads????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vincent Matis, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

I just saw A.I. yesterday (released recently in Belgium) and since was a bit puzzled by it, I wanted to read what other people of this forum had to say about it. Unfortunatly, all the ***Official review/discussion*** threads regarding A.I. are not available anymore [​IMG] ... (it already happened with many other movies as well since movies releases are usually delayed a few months in Europe)
    I was wondering if all these ***Official review/discussion*** movie threads could be automatically archived for further references (movie released in other contries, DVD releases, premium movie channels showing,...)
    Cheers,
    Vincent

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Vincent:

Not automatically. But if someone requests one of them archived we sure will. All you have to do is ask any of the moderators, Ron or myself.

Parker

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Its just a suggestion, but as the 'Official' threads have to be made official manually by these very same people it might be worth turning archive on at the same time. Or is the plan to only do it if there is a critical mass of decent reviews for a film?

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Not to hijack a dead thread, but this would really be something very helpful. There was a question regarding Memento, and I realize that the extremely fruitful offical discussion thread has gone the way of the DoDo. Would it be possible to migrate those threads to Software around the time of the DVD release such that it gets archived along with all the other software material?

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I agree! I recently searched unsuccessfully for the "O Brother Where Art Thou" review thread. I just figured it never got one.

If it's not unreasonable, I also recommend archiving all official review & discussion threads. This would be nice for those of us who watch many movies for the first time on DVD.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Parker,

It might be worthwhile to establish a "Movies Archive" and just go through and archive all the official discussions and review pages that exceed a couple pages.

Just a thought

Vince

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Well we do have a software archive that is being used for archived discussion threads. If you think a separate movies archive area would be better I will add it.

Parker

8. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It's a good idea, and I would include all review and discussion threads, not just those that exceed a few pages. There have been many occasions where I've wanted to look back at the HTF reviews of a film when it hit DVD, but the review thread had scrolled off. And it's the less-discussed titles that scroll off quickest.
    M.

9. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Parker,

Certainly not absolutely necessary to add a new archive-- I think it would be a nice distinction to have a "Movies" archive specifically for these type of Official Discussions and Review threads.

Would make looking through past info about movies pretty easy-- and will probably open up a whole new appeal to posting in these threads (and a whole new possible attraction to the forum!)

I would say once a "OFFICIAL" discussion falls out of update for 3 weeks or more, you could toss it in the archive. Heck, I'd even volunteer to handle it personally if no one else wants to...

Just my thoughts on the matter

-Vince

10. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Parker,

We're talking about a lot of threads and how taxing would that be to archive all of them? If it's not taxing then I'm sure the Movies moderators can handle archiving those threads.

Crawdaddy

11. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul