What's new

Aragon Stage One (1 Viewer)

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
Just got the manual for the Aragon Stage One (MSRP $4000). I have it in PDF format. Maybe someone can put it somewhere for others to download. I will e-mail it to those interested. The manual is being revised at this time but only for the tuner section.
Highlights:
24 bit Crystal digital to analog converters
Motorola DSP (not in manual; info from rep)
3 toslink, 7 coax digital inputs
THX Ultra 2 (and corresponding modes)
Dolby Digital 5.1
Dolby Prologic II
THX Surround EX
DTS ES Matrix and Discrete
DTS NEO 6
Bass Management: 25-120 Hz in 5 Hz increments (applied globally)
Separate bass management settings with different crossover for stereo listening versus all other modes!
Separate level adjustments are available for each mode!
Speaker distances for delay is to nearest inch or 1/12th of a millisecond (i.e 03'00")
Speakers levels are set to 0.5 db increments
Individual volume settings are saved for each source
ProntoNeo remote included
Dislikes:
No bass management on external multi-channel inputs (bypasses DSP)
External multi-channel input is via DB-25 connector (need RCA to DB-25 adapter)
What do you think?
Mike

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i have an Act 3 and am interested in the Stage One, hoping to take advantage of the trade in program. could you email the .pdf manual to me?

in addition to the above, any input can be configured as analog pass thru.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
thanks, Mike. i've just glanced at the manual, but it sure looks like a nice piece. it keeps some of the good points of the Act 3, like a coax digital input for every input and the automatic format switching. and the user interface is quite an improvement over the somewhat clunky Act 3's.

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

No email icon is available in your post. Send your email address to me and I will gladly send the manual. Also, I have received the latest revision (1.1) of the manual that is shipping with the Stage One.

Mike

DaveLenhert

Stunt Coordinator
Michael-

I would also like the pdf please.

I had posted in the Klipsch Forum as to where i could d/l it, and they told me that they are in the process of releasing it along with an upgraded website for Mondial Designs but no news about time frame for the update :-(

-dbl

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
I asked the always very helpful and very knowledgeable Technical Support at Aragon to send me a picture of the Stage One in black. The picture was taken without a flash to reduce glare. The website has a picture of the unit in silver. As good as the silver looks, I want black to match my other equipment and so that I will not have stray light reflecting off the face of the unit when watching movies. I like the equipment to disappear into the darkness (i.e, to be heard and not seen).

To see the silver version:
Stage One Silver

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Thanks for the link to the manual. Just glanced at it. But, I'll be studying it in depth. I'm also planning on upgrading my Act-3 when Mondial finally gets around to letting us make the trade-up.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link Michael. I have had my eye on this piece for awhile now. If it streets for around the same price as the Anthem I may be all over this. I will wait to hear the initial reviews but being a Klipsch owner this has peaked my interest for some time.

mctague

Stunt Coordinator
I wish they would hurry up and finalize the Soundstage upgrade & trade in policy!

Any Soundstage owners considering the upgrade instead of the trade in? I've already got a Pronto, and OCCASIONALLY consider the upgrade....

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you with the Stage One manual am I correct that the Stage One does not have outputs for a second zone? I don't see anything like this on the rear pictures on the Aragon website. It seems strange that a $4000 pre/pro would not have at least one other zone output and though I love everything else about this unit this would be a deal breaker for me. Am I wrong?

Mike

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Finally a THX processor that allows me to switch out some of the post processing that I wouldn't want to get "EX"!
This looks like a very solid and versital unit.And it looks good to.
Thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks