What's new

APEX AD 3201 49.99 after rebates (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've been playing with the 3201 and I must warn people not to place anything on top of this player - that will cause drop-outs, and totally shut down the player's spin mechanism. :) But with nothing on top of it, it's playing fine. I popped in my only PAL DVD and it played like a charm, it's not perfect, but it's acceptable for viewing. Currently I have it hooked up with my bedroom 27" TV with S-video (but I should try out the component video since my TV handles that input as well).
As long as it holds for a while, it'll be worth the $50 I spent on it.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I got the display piece at my local C-USA. And it works REALLY well..especially with SVCD!!! Coupla questions tho:

In 16X9 mode on my 400Q FP..the video, with the 3201 set for 16X9..is still stretched! The 400Q has an auto mode that with every other DVD player works swell..but not here? Anyone know what settings I should use?

It does HDCD. I have not paid much attention to the various new audio formats, so what should I be looking for and what's a REALLY good first title to buy?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks