What's new

Anything better out there than CD Now? (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I'm looking for some older CDs ('94, '95)...and they are not on stock with CD Now which can increase the ship date to about two weeks. Any other massive sites out there? Thanks.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I've been looking for an alternative every since CD Now bought Music Blvd. They started charging me sales tax since I live in Florida. Sales tax and shipping are just too much to pay on top of the price of the CD. It would be nice if there was retailer for CDs similiar to Deep Discount DVD!!

RicP

Screenwriter
I've been looking for an alternative every since CD Now bought Music Blvd
:D That warms my heart!
I was the senior architect of MusicBlvd. I built the infrastructure for all of the Genre sites and most of the core engine. The Good ole days!
Anyway, I use www.hmv.ca The exchange rate works to my advantage and the selection is usually excellent. They carry imports as well. Shipping times to the U.S. are speedy as well.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I was the senior architect of MusicBlvd.
No kidding!? That was a cool site. Of course, they gave out coupons like free lollipops at the doctor's office but who didn't back then? They also ran a few cool promotions selling CDs that were unavailable elsewhere (the 2-disc Monster Ballads and a Allman Bros. Band show from Grateful Dead Records are two that come to mind.)

Small world.

RicP

Screenwriter
No kidding!?
No Kidding. :)
I worked for N2K for 3 years. Built up MusicBlvd from basically nothing to a fantastic store. Also built rocktropolis, jazzcentralstation, and classicalinsites.
We were just getting cooking on Custom CD's -- Did you see the creat your own Miles Davis CD promo we had? -- when CDNow swooped in and murdered us. I actually told Jason Olim to go fuck himself right to his face :D
I still hate those clueless assholes. :)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Anyway, I use www.hmv.ca The exchange rate works to my advantage and the selection is usually excellent. They carry imports as well. Shipping times to the U.S. are speedy as well.
I also recommend HMV Canada. Great prices and selection. I was able to pick up a couple of those Jethro Tull Japanese mini-lp cds from them for a fair price.
JohnG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks