What's new

Anyone willing to organize a petition to get Tivo into Canada? (1 Viewer)

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I'm not sure how much success has been had in the past with those petitions in which people protest the major studios, so what about the possibility of petitioning to get Tivo into Canada?

Aaron

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Moving this to Audio/Video Sources, which is the designated forum for all PVR discussions.
M.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Afraid I don't know much about starting or organising any petitions, But if it involves getting Tivo in Canada, I'll be happy to sign my name.
I don't really watch Tv, I don't own a Tivo, nor do I live in Canada, But I feel that every country should have every electronic or technological gizmo that it's populace desires. This all stems from the fact that I do not like the practice of the United States not getting several models of motorcycles that are available in Europe. Yes, it's a stretch, but I think it is still appropriate.:)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
If somebody does, ill sign it... but i wont be able to buy one anyways :frowning:

BobV

Second Unit
It will be quite some time before TiVo will come to Canada, in my opinion. I am quite involved in the Canadian satellite company Star Choice. They had a deal with TiVo almost two years ago now. TiVo had a sample unit up and running within about 1 day. Unfortunately TiVo decided that the Canadian market was actually not to desirable and instead concentrated their expansion efforts in Europe.
You never know, I may be totally wrong, but I don't think TiVo really even wants to admit Canada is here :) .

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Does TiVo need more than a TV and and antenna? That is, will it work anywhere in the world given NTSC broadcast signals and an NTSC TV?
Or do you have to subscribe to something before the TiVo unit will do anything at all?
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm
"I wish they made RiAdoDIO so I could time use a joystick to replay or skip over sections of the program, or change stations and come back without missing anything, particularly while listening in the car."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks