What's new

anyone tried a toslink to coax adapter? (1 Viewer)

peter rustin

Agent
i posted on this issue yesterday--i really like the hk 520, but it only has 2 optical digital inputs, plus a coax, (not counting one on the front--ugh!)and i have 3 sources that are only optical (rp56 dvd, xbox and dish 6000)

ditto for the outlaw 1050

anyone have any info re a toslink to coax adapter, which apparently needs a/c power and costs about 25 bucks? i would probably use it for the xbox toslink output, and convert it to coax. also, on the hk, will it be ok to have an audio only input (i would plug the xbox/dvd/dish 6000 video inputs directly into my mits 55809)

thanks!!!!!

J

John Morris

Hi Peter: I use one but it costs about $100. I think others have used ones that cost $30 or so, but they must be manually switched and are not automatic. For your info, here is the one I use. Audio Authority 1177

Jin E

Second Unit
Dang John... how many different adapters and switches and the like do you use in your HT... LOL! First the power strip... now the Digital adapter!

Westly T

Second Unit
I helped a friend order one for a Sony system. He wanted to connect his digital cable box to the TV input, but the cable box had coax and the TV input was optical. The device worked flawlessly and he's had no problems. I think I saw it for $15 in a catalog, perhaps MCM electronics? I'll have to check.

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I am using the same adapter as Vin.

I use it for my xbox and it works great. What a bargain at only $25!!!

Jeff Aguilar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks