What's new

help with bose cinemate gs series 2 (1 Viewer)

kronik69

Auditioning
Real Name
Elvis
HI everybody, Im new here and would require some help from you guys.

I jus purchases a bose cinemate gs series 2. the inputs it has are optical in and analog in.

i jus realised that my tv only has coax out and headphones out. and it has 3 hdmi ports. the rest are all inputs. its a westinghouse LD4055.

How do I connect my tv to my bose in such a way where every component connected to the tv will have the sound coming from the bose?

My intent is to have all my sound come out from the bose with tv volume at 0.
I have cable, media player and an xbox. So i would like to connect the cable, xbox and media player via hdmi to the tv and have all sound come from the bose.

I understand there are converters (coaxial converting to optical) out there. Any recommendations as I am new to this.

Also I tried to use a Y adapter ( headphone out to analong in) but it only works when my tv volume is increased which I would prefer jus controlling from my bose remote control without having to increase my tv volume at all..

I would really appreciate if fellow forumers here can help me out with this by giving me a recommendation and something not too expensive.

kronik69

Auditioning
Real Name
Elvis
I tried the headphone jack. But I have to increase the tv volume in order to get sound from the bose. I cant purely control my bose volume with tv at 0. Why is this so

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Because it is a headphone jack to another component. Works just like doing the same thing with your cell phone or iPod.Turn it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.