What's new

Anyone think "TUROK" would make a good movie? (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I figure they could do a pretty decent flick,based on the newer series of turok comics (along the lines of the N64 game)or the much older series where the two indians (turok and andar) are trapped in prehistoric times and are trying to find thier way out.

I am honestly very suprised there havent been more big budget attempts to cash in on the Jp series success.

what do you think?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read the comics, but if they are like the game(s), then it would turn out OK. It would be too much of a stretch to do the things that are in the games, but the imagery and action would be great.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Not sure about these comics or the game. Can you give me some info on Turok?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The main concept is that there is another universe where dinosaurs and alien creatures exist and Turok (I think its a kind of warrior) is like some native american type guy who hunts the beasts and such using weapons like bows and arrows, machine guns, plasma rifles, and pretty much everything else. The places in this universe are mixes of outer spacey to technological to rainforestish. The plot behind each of the games is something trying to take over the world or something and Turok has to kill everything in sight.

I think that sort of sums it up. The games are really good and the environments are weird. Would make for a good sci-fi/action film.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Imaginary Trailer for Turok: Age of the Dinosaur
In a world...
(Scene showing The Rock portraying a big city Native American returning to his home town, playing with kids and providing community service, etc.)
One man...
(The Rock is staring balefully at a rip in space-time inside his grandfather's sweathouse as the camera pulls slowly in on his face)
..must unite a world...
(Rapid drumming begins, fast and furious, as The Rock, wearing the warrior-Turok gear, dodges and evades CGI dinosaurs, swooping pterodactyls, shooting arrows, almost falling off a waterfall.)
...to save the ones he loves...
(Evil landowners hoping to push his community off the reservation, a love interest from Turok's childhood, Dinosaurs unleashed in the present day, must be 'hunted' by Turok.
(more rapid drumming, more CGI, all ending in a crescendo of orchestral hits, followed by darkness and "SPRING 2003" or some such message)
The Rock IS....
TUROK!
:)
Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks