What's new

Anyone put 20" or bigger rims on their truck? (1 Viewer)

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Post pics and tell me how the handling changed. Also where is a cheap place to get them? I have found places on the net as cheap as $300 per wheel.

Cam S

Screenwriter
A friend of mine put 22" Boyds on his Yukon and they look really nice, gives it a really nice sleek look. Don't have any pics, but I might be able to take a few next time I see him.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Aaron, if a wheel is under $300 USD and larger then 17 inches, I'd be very very careful about the quality of the product you will be putting on something that moves you at 60 MPH or higher on occasion.... Remember, you get what you pay for, and a $300 20"+ rim would be the white van speaker the wheel market... Low prices for what they want you to believe is good quality :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Aaron, while I do not have 20s on my car (but I am ordering 18s), I have driven a Dodge Ram which was lowered and sported 23s. It handeled quite nicely as the wheels were 10" wide I think. That equates to more contact patch area (over your normal 6-7" tires) and improved handling and traction. Right now my Celica is running factory 16s, but it rides like I'm on rails. I can't wait for the 18s! :emoji_thumbsup:

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Aaron,
There are a couple of places in the Greater Vancouver area that are on the net.
www.tiretrends.com is out of Port Moody,
www.1010tires.com is Volko tires and National Tire Wholesale is on River Road in Delta.
Tire Trends and National Tire Wholesale seem to have really good prices.
Patrick

E

Eric Kahn

just make sure your car insurance covers after-market rims and that you can get some sort of road hazard warranty, large rims with thin tires are very likely to get damaged if you hit a pot hole

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Amen to that. I've cracked a wheel before as well as completely dismounting a tire from a wheel on these awesome Arkansas interstates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks