What's new

Anyone know where they transfer 35mm trailers to video? (1 Viewer)

Dan Huey

Agent
I have a rare 35mm trailer and I would like to get it transfered to either VHS or DVD (preferably DVD, but it may be too expensive). Does anyone know where I can get this done at?
Thanks!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've been asking that question for a few years- I have access to several old theater and drive-in trailers that I'd love to have on video, but there aren't many places that can do it. I've heard of a place in San Francisco but they charge a ridiulous amount, something like $100 per minute of film. To do it right you need to use real telcine equipment; pointing a camcorder at the screen will give you a flickery picture.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I have 22 reels of trailers. I'd love to get them transferred but it's obviously very cost-prohibitive. I've been slowly getting rid of trailers that are on DVD since I'm moving away from film-in-the-house since it's SO impractical, expensive, bulky, and hopelessly annoying. The ones I'm keeping are either not on LD or DVD, or they are and they're just too good to get rid of. If anyone knows where I can get some transferred CHEAP please let me know.
Mike
------------------
Listen to my radio station - Starman's Neverland

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks