What's new

Anyone know how to eliminate grubs? (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I have a large area of grass in my back yard that has mysteriously turned brown and died. I also had a big problem with Japanese Beatles this year. So I'm assuming I have some kind of grub problem in my yard. How do I get rid of these things? I know there are grub control applications sold at places like Lowe's, but when is the right time of year to apply this kind of stuff to the lawn? I live in southern Michigan and our temps still remain in the 80's.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Some of the newer grub control products can be put down at any time and will last the entire season. Other products are meant to be put down in the early summer.

We had a huge grub problem at our previous house (about 10 years ago). They completely destroyed the front lawn. I haven't had the problem at our current home, but still put down an application of grub control every few years as a precaution. This year I think I used the Grub-Ex brand -- it's supposed to work all season. Check out Home Depot or Lowe's, but it's getting to be late in the year for the stores to be stocking this type of product. I do not remember seeing any at Home Depot last weekend when I picked up my fall/winter fertilizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks