What's new

Anyone know a Anthem dealer near the winsor border in canada? (1 Viewer)

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
I hear there are some great deals, i was going to call or maybe go over and check it out.

Can you not claim it also as you come across the border, and how much is tax in canada?

Thanks

Doug W H

Auditioning
There is a great place called Live Wire outside of Windsor.
http://www.livewireaudio.com/
Have bought Paridigm products there for a good price. You get the Canandian Tax Refunded (Provincial and Federal). No duty on Canadian manufactured products. U. S. dealers cant match the price and no tax. You can't do better.:)

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a lot i will give them a call.

I am looking to upgrade from my Denon AVR 3200.

To be honest i have zero experence with seperates, is it a pretty easy setup?

Also i really don't see my self going to 7.1 so should i just buy the 5 channel amp, or future proof the amp and get the 7 channel? I am not moving for at least 3 years, and my current room has no place for 2 side speakers.

Thanks

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
The set up of the AVM-20 is very straight forward, although the flexibility is such that you could spend as much time as you wish "tweaking".

IMHO I would go with the MCA-50, a five channel amp. If you do decide to go 7.1 the MCA-20 could be added at a later date.

I'am sure you will love the AVM-20. I have had mine for over a year now and have absolutely no complaints or nagging doubts that I chose the wrong pre/pro. The equipment is great and the support/feedback from Anthem is super. I would also mention the benefits of the satisfied owners on this forum who spend a lot of time sharing their experience.

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the feedback !

Do you think i would get a better deal paying in Candain, or paying in US? Did not know if it was better to get the exchange rate whatever the day is, or just use US.

Thanks

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
I would negotiate my beat deal in Canadian funds, then go to the nearest bank to change US$ to CND$. The other option would be to pay by credit card, but you will get the best exchange rate at a bank. Some dealers will only quote their best price on a cash deal as they have to pay the credit card company between 3% and 5%.

Doug W H

Auditioning
I have found that when buying in Canada or Europe that the best method is to use a debit card. There are no transactions fees (some credit cards charge a currency conversion fee) and the merchant usually prefers debit cards as well in that they do not have to pay the 3% to 6% credit card transaction fees. Some times you will get a better price if you tell them you will be paying with a debit card or local currency.

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
I talked to someone today there, they could not quote me a price. They told me i while save a lot of money, but could not say how much. Any idea roughly what i will pay for a AVM-20 and the MCA-50 amp? I was going to go pick them up tomorrow but they only have black =/. I really want silver they said it might be a week wait for them to get it shipped down from toronto.

Also they do not do international Debit Cards, so i quess taking US cash to the bank and exchanging it will be the best deal probably.

I have never used a preamp combo how much do decent wires run to hook the amp up to the preamp? Anything else i should know before i jump into this?

Thanks for the help !

Doug W H

Auditioning
Jason,

If your debit card has a Visa or MC logo on it, thy will take it. I bought $5000 worth of speakers there and payed with my ATM card (it has a MC logo).

I experieced the same "we do not give quotes over the phone" line. But once you get there they will give you a fair deal.

good luck.

Chris Kane

Grip
Is the warranty honored if I purchase (Anthem) in Canada but send it in for repair from the US?

Also, I've tried to negotiate over the phone with no success. Normally this would not be an issue but my brother-in-law is the one that will be making the purchase for me in Ontario this weekend. How high should I tell him to go before walking? I'm thinking a minimum of 10% off Canadian MSRP ($3995 according to the dealer).

It would be nice if he could quote competing prices.

Also, I'm not adverse to taking the most direct flight from California so that I can do the haggling myself.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Chris

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Dont forget if you buy a Canadian made product, you get all your taxes refunded at the duty free(one in cash, one in the mail)!! I was just there (Stereoland in Windsor). Not only did I save a ton on my Energy setup, the taxes are refunded as well! BTW, I paid in American cash....
Good luck, dont forget your birth certificate!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks