What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Anyone into R/C cars? (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm just getting started. My best friend bought me a Nikko 1/16 Ford GT for Christmas, and I was hooked. Did some research and picked up a Losi 1/18 Mini-T for some indoor/outdoor fun today. Over the next few months I'll probably end up with an electric car that has an M3 body for some more indoor fun, and probably the Losi XXX-NT truck and maybe a buggy of some sort for some real outdoor fun. HAHA, I'm so lost in a gaze :)

http://gallery.mindwarp.us/myrccars

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
I used to be into r/c cars, i had my share of cars....xpress, tamiyas, team associated tc3s etc....

but my xpress was my favorite car, lighter than the tc3 by a pound and i ran it with 8 cells on a tekin speed control...i usually hit 55mph on a 12turn =)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
R/C racing was a REAL hobby for me back several years ago..... was very expensive though as I had 6 different configs, mostly for outdoor dirt track racing. I was a ROAR member in Memphis and we had a super track and pulled in people from surrounding states for nice get- togethers...... My fav vehicle (which I still have) was a Optima Mid 4wd converted to a truck, with which I won the regional ROAR truck class in '89.... Other vehicles were a Losi, Schumacher, Associated RC10 truck conversion and car, another Optima....... and some I don't remember. I did my own airbrushing and had some really trick bodies....... I had around $1200 in my race truck alone and I can't imagine how much it would take to be competitive now.........

Having been in enduro/dirtbiking for 20 years, I found RCs didn't skin me up quite as much when I crashed...LOL

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I have a Traxxas nitro road car. I had it clocked at 47mph by a friendly police officer:)

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Don't get me started... ;)

Used to be in it big time. Drove Losi for off road truck (LXT), Associated for on-road electric (RC-10L3 IIRC) and Schumacher for gas onroad. I had the KO transmitter with 27 & 75 mhz modules. Batteries and a charger were expensive. I ran ROAR stock for electrics.

Of course, I lived in southern New Mexico at the time, so we had a really long race season (March - November).

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
I'm into it big time too only now I do 1/5th scale instead of the tiny stuff. It's much more realistic. Here's a couple of pics of my FG EVO.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I've been thinking of getting into R/C.

What would you guys recommend to get started? Just something I'd like to zoom about my quiet neighbourhood street/alley. Gas? Electric?

What are good/bad cars and brands? Any and all info would be much appreciated! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks