What's new

Anyone here use IPOD? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Pop

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine uses his Ipod for his ausion source in hise home and his car. He is not really an audiophile, just a music lover, so I cant really take his word on how the sound quality is playing from the Ipod. So I was surious to know if anyone out there uses one in the same capacity and how good it actually sounds with decent-good speakers/receiver.

Scott.J

Grip
My friend has done this. The sound quality is alright. Not as good as a digital siginal, or CD's. But It isnt bad.

Jon Mahoney

Stunt Coordinator
Sound quality is pretty good, as long as you have all the equalizers set on the songs. You really can't beat it in a car, nothing better on a 3 hour car ride of putting a playlist on and not having to play around with anything.

I put the iPod on my Klipsch reference series speakers and it sounded pretty damn good. Not as good as a CD but close.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
I use my iPod mini at home and in the car regularly. The sound quality is very good especially on my home system which also consists of Klipsch speakers and a Pioneer Elite receiver. I tend to have mp3's of higher bitrate so that helps also.

Anthony Sa

Agent
I use an iRiver instead of the iPod. The reason I chose the iRiver is I compared the two (iPod and iRiver) at a local hi-fi stereo shop and liked the sound of the iRiver better. Also the iRiver has some great features. Optical in/out, real time recording to either .wav or mp3, can play .ogg files, etc. If you are looking into an iPod, atleast also look at an iRiver. It will take you a few extra minutes to check both out and you may like what the iRiver has to offer over the iPod (or vice versa).

Brandon Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to everyone who replied. And Anthony Sa, I will look into the iRiver, thanks for the recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks