What's new

Anyone Have An HK AVR-x20 That Does NOT Auto Shut-Off??? (1 Viewer)

John_VI

Second Unit
I bought a new AVR-520 from JandR a couple of weeks ago and it's worked fine so far. I'm thrilled with it. But...

There's been a lot written on this forum about the x20 auto-shutoff problem, so I thought I'd ask how many people have had one of these receivers for at least three months and have NOT experienced the problem. From all that's written here (and elsewhere), you'd think it was a problem on every single receiver that HK ships.

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
I don't know if you've seen my post about this a while back, but, I asked just about the same question.
Here's the link. Hope it helps...

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the 520 since Jan. and no problems so far (knocking on wood). I have it on all the time (I do not use the TV speakers at all, so anytime I want to watch TV, it has to go through the 520, and is on for hours at a time). In addition, since I live in an apartment, I do not have access to a dedicated outlet of any kind, and I am running almost all of my equipment off the same surge protector.

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Scott,

That's great to hear. I also live in an apartment and just ordered a 320 and will have it plugged in pretty much like you do, all to one surge protector.

I hope I'm lucky, too...

KurtisJ

Agent
;) I have to give the 520 a nod. My brother somehow convinced me that this was the recevier I needed a few months ago, even though I was not in the market. Go figure..he's the one who wanted a new setup. Now I just bought some new speakers.
Oh...and the AVR520...not a problem yet!!!!

peter_anderson

Stunt Coordinator
John: i have had multiple shutoffs, but OneCall service dept. left mine on for two weeks with no problem, so i gave up and blamed it on the apartment electricity.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I have a 320 that shut itself off a few times, then I re-cabled everything and it's worked fine since...almost! Last night I was messing around behind the A/V rack (playing with the cable TV cable) and it shut off again.

John_VI

Second Unit
Thanks folks. I really appreciate the replies and I have checked out the other threads as well. So far, so good!!

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
I've had a 320 for about 3-4 months and mine has never shut off. It is also on a good portion of the time.

Phil

Leo_P

Second Unit
I've had my AVR 520 for a little over a month and so far so good. I use it ALL the time. Damn near ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! It'll get warm at times, but it's never automatically shut-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks