What's new

Anyone else want "Muppets Tonight"? (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
All though this show wasn't as enjoyable as "The Muppet Show" I really enjoyed it anyway, if anything for the introduction of one of the greatest Muppets ever, Pepe the Prawn, okay...

I would really like to have all the episodes on DVD. I do have some of them recorded but a lot I have never seen.

Here is an episode list from tvtome.com:

Season 1
1. 08-Mar-1996 Michelle Pfeiffer
2. 15-Mar-1996 Garth Brooks
3. 22-Mar-1996 Billy Crystal
4. 29-Mar-1996 John Goodman
5. 05-Apr-1996 Cindy Crawford
6. 12-Apr-1996 Tony Bennett
7. 23-Jun-1996 Sandra Bullock
8. 30-Jun-1996 Jason Alexander
9. 07-Jul-1996 Whoopi Goldberg
10. 14-Jul-1996 Martin Short

Season 2
11. 13-Sep-1997 The Artist Formerly Known As Prince
12. 14-Sep-1997 Rick Moranis
13. 21-Sep-1997 Heather Locklear
14. 12-Oct-1997 Pierce Brosnan
15. 19-Oct-1997 Coolio, Don Rickles
16. 02-Nov-1997 Paula Abdul
17. 16-Nov-1997 Dennis Quaid
18. 07-Dec-1997 The Cameo Show
19. 21-Dec-1997 The Best of Muppets Tonight
20. 27-Dec-1997 The Gary Cahuenga Episode
21. 04-Jan-1998 Andie MacDowell, George Takei
22. 08-Feb-1998 Daryl Hannah, Johnny Mathis

My favorites from the ones I've seen are the Sandra Bullock episode, the Coolio episode, and Paula Abdul.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Well, now I know how many of these I missed. *sigh*

The Garth Brooks one was hysterical. Which episode did Leonard Nimoy have a cameo in?

"Your homie made-a foamy!" :laugh:

And yeah... Pepe was the best thing to come out of that. "I'm a prawn, okay? A *KING* prawn!"

I'd pick these up, if for no other reason than I haven't seen most of 'em!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Any series that featured Garth Brooks singing "If I Were a Rich Man" while punting chickens off the stage...well, that's just gotta be on DVD!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Garth Brooks on this show was just about the funniest thing ever: "Uh, Garth... My pants..."

I think I've got 'em all on tape, but if Disney were to put out a Compleat Muppets Tonight, I'd be a happy guy.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Seymore and Pepe: "Whaddaya get when you cross an elephant with a rhino?"

"Elephino!"

Then they proceed to spend the next several minutes trying to explain the joke to the deadpan audience.:laugh:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Oh, Peter, that skit with Pepe and Seymour is HILARIOUS! Especially Pepe with his charts...

Another funny moment is when Sandra Bullock sings "Phenomenon" to the tune of "Mahna-Mahna". It was awesome that they would recognize one of the most popular Muppet Show skits.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, season sets of the Muppet show aren't gonna happen.

But, count me in for wanting this show on DVD if for no other reason than I also missed a bunch of them when the show first ran.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Well, it should happen. The Muppet Show was great, and I want season sets.

I have never seen this show - I used to work when it was on. I hear it wasn't as good, but it would be interesting to watch.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Season sets are never going to happen? Is it a clearance or music rights problem?

Eventually I think Disney will cash in on TV on DVD and I think the Muppet Show would be a windfall.

Paul

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I don't see why season sets of the Muppet Show wouldn't happen. I think it would sell great....but I think since there are so few episodes of MT that it should be released first considering there are the "Best of" DVDs of the older show, a few of which I own.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Now that the EXCELLENT first season release of "The Muppet Show" has arrived (albeit with some missing scenes) I'm wondering if Disney will be releasing "Muppets Tonight" soon. They could do it all in one release since there are so few episodes.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Mack, check the dates on those posts. They're from April 2004 -- well before anyone knew that the Muppet Show would eventually be released in season sets.

I've never seen an episode of Muppets Tonight, but I'd be very interested in purchasing the series on DVD.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Mack - Bear in mind, this thread is over a year old. The people saying it will never happen or lamenting that it never will happen were posting this stuff in April '04. (And Paul is obviously being facetious with his remark)

As for Muppets Tonight, we'll see how I'm feeling when I've purchased five seasons worth of The Muppet Show. I think that will probably hold me. Although, was Rizzo the Rat not a part of the original series at all? Episodes of MT might be the only way to get your Rizzo fix.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably buy any new muppet TV stuff that gets released, and would really enjoy a MT set. Garth Brooks getting shot out of a cannon with Gonzo was classic!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks