What's new

Anyone else have a problem playing Jeepers Creepers??? (1 Viewer)

Brett C

Second Unit
I just got disc tonight loaded it in my player apioneer 434 and it freezes up in the middle of chapter 3 and won't even play chapter 4 even from the scene selections and i've never ever had a problem playing something in this player before,very annoyed so does this mean the entire pressing of this movie won't play in my player!!!!!!! :angry:

Thomas_A

Second Unit
just bought it and watched it today...absolutly no problems with it.. Pretty cool movie too! sorry to hear your having issues..may be a bad disk? I have a 2yr old panny and no issues...

good luck

thomas_A

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't get past the FBI warning on my Pioneer DV-440. I tried everything. I put it in my Toshiba Dvd-Rom on my computer and it works just fine.

So, looks like you're not alone. Strange, this is the first dvd I've EVER had a problem with on a Pioneer player.

Brett C

Second Unit
funny enough I tried it im my computer and it plays just fine.....that means getting a new copy ain't gonna help its the whole bloody pressing thats incompatible with pioneer players,amazing that this late in the game there is discs still coming out with this sort of screw up, and from a major studio no less!!!!!!

As this title has been available in the UK for a few weeks there are already lots of similar reports. It freezes after aspect ratio selection on my Region 1 Toshiba SD9000 but plays fine on my PC. Have returned the disc along with many other people as this definitely looks like a player incompatibility problem.

Most issues currently seem to be with Toshiba and Pioneer players.

Brett C

Second Unit
Yeah I returned my copy today and got a replacement and you guessed it still won't play, chapter 6 instead of chapter 4 on this copy.That confirms to me that the whole entire pressing is faulty!!!!

Brett C

Second Unit
Well now I'm really P'd off I tried it in my second dvd player a toshiba model and it won't play in that either on chapter 6 but something I noticed it will play the FULLSCREEN on both players, but what good is that I might as well watch a vhs copy of it!!!!!!! Time for me to contact MGM....

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Seems to be having a few problems. I for one have not bought it but am renting it tonight, so I'll see how it goes. How is the movie itself? Any good?

Brett C

Second Unit
Yeah its ok,nothing special but it seems like a breath of fresh air compared to stuff like valentine and thirteen ghosts both of which make jeepers creepers look like a classic...

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I rented this last night and it started to pixilize and break up on me but it just turned out to be a dirty disc. (JVC player)

Brett C

Second Unit
Well it breaks up and does the same thing on new copies, but strangely the fullscreen option does'nt play up as much as the Widescreen which really gets me going,who wants to watch that!!!

Brett C

Second Unit
Well personal experiance and net complaints confirm to me that there is a problem with this disc I mean I've had 2 copies of this film and I own 3 players and each attempt at playing this was no good...And something scary about this situation is that most people would view it in fullscreen and nether no something was wrong with their copy. But like I've said before, to me watching something Fullscreen is defeating the purpose of why I'm into first laserdisc ,now DVD.I might as well be watching crappy video tapes in that case...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Played my copy on My old RCA 5210p player, My Proscan, PS2, and the X-box....All played the movie fine without a problem. I'm not sure what the problem could be....

Brett C

Second Unit
Recieved this email from MGM... We have heard of a few problems with this particular release and are

currently researching the issue. Could you please help the research along

by providing your Address and the name and location of where you purchased

the DVD you are having problems with?

I can pass that info on to the research team assigned to this issue and we

can hopefully prevent other customers from having similar problems.

Once the problems have been pinpointed and corrected, we can swap out

copies with you.

Thanks,

MGM Home Entertainment Group

Customer Service Department

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I've now been through two copies of this title and have tried them both on my Panasonic player and my parents RCA player. In each case, the discs pixellated badly--starting at chapter 3 until chapter 4 on my first copy, and through to chapter six on my second. Has MGM made any official statements about this yet? I'd like to know that next time I exchange it I can leave with a copy that works.

Mark

Brett C

Second Unit
I've spoken to a MGM representitive and he told me that they are looking into it.Also funny enough the bestbuy I bought it from has pulled every copy of the shelves....My advice would be to take it back and wait or email MGM and tell them about it...

Julie K

Screenwriter
Damn. I remember seeing this thread before but forgot about yesterday when I picked up this disc.

Yep, the damn thing won't get past the rating screen. I have a Toshiba 2109. It's been perfect until first Monty Python and the Holy Grail and now this one.

Anyone got any updates from MGM?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks