What's new

Anybody else looking forward to UC: Undercover? (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
The previews look decent, but the cast looked spectacular... although my failing memory can only name Ving Rhames.
Guess I'll know in a few hours...
------------------
sig.jpg

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I caught the series premier tonight. I thought it was good but not great.
Spoiler:I was quite impressed with the writing when I thought the one undercover agent was going to be killed at the end of the show. This would definitely show the risks of going undercover. This may still happen but in the next episode.
Overall I thought everything was a bit contrived, especially the way it all came together so easily. I will need to watch another episode before I decide if it is a keeper.
Chris

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I found it to be an interesting diversion, a good way to kill the hour between 9 and 10... Vera Farmiga was v. good. Thank god they're ditching Grant Show in ep 2 and bringing in the delicious Oded Fehr. Grant was the worst actor in the pilot imho (I about died laughing when Grant was telling/imploring/begging the SWAT commander to 'do as I say!') and some of the writing is atrocious. (The above mentioned SWAT scene and the prison scene with Carlos comes to mind... the editing and acting of Vera saved the tail end of that scene)
The show either needs to draw the UC work over more than one episode or work on less ambitious plotlines, because as Christopher said it comes off a bit contrived. I would also tone down or ditch the onscreen location (I let out a laugh when Carlos' inmate number came up) and the 'phase #: -' has to go. This show has great potential (with a bump up in writing) and its pairing with L&O Criminal Intent (which was far more satisfying) gives a nice night's entertainment.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
All I can say is OUCH! This show hurt to watch, and I only made it through about 7 minutes or so... editing was horrific, acting was worse.
Sorry I wasted a thread on it!
------------------
sig.jpg

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I'm reviving this thread as I caught the second episode tonight (missed the first).
Watching this show tonight gave me a headache. I cannot deal with the camera work and the editing! The camera seems to always be moving, even when the actors are sitting. Then it goes to some weird angle (like behind the couch).
And whats up with the frequent flashbacks? Why dont they just show us scene A, then scene B, then C? It seems like they give us scene A, then scene C, meanwhile every other min in scene C they are throwing in flashbacks of scene B!
And the guy thats supposed to be funny? Well, he just isnt.
All in all, a rocky start. I'll give it a few more trys, but I dont have high expectations anymore. Looks like I gotta catch up with Alias.
JQ

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Yeah, this show sucks.What's the deal with the girl who every time a fire fight breaks out she lays down and starts flailing about? NBC's marketing department was write. The series is about what you'd expect from the producers of Erin Brochovich and the writer of Armaggedon.
I've got a headache from rolling my eyes so much...
------------------
Brad Grenz
Link Removed
the Widgets

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I missed the first 2 episodes. But, is William Forsythe a good or bad guy? From what I did see it looked like he was a bad guy that gets caught in the 2nd episode. But, they show him in the credits. Also, was Grant Show suppose to be booted in the 2nd episode? or did he just really bomb in intial screenings.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I like this show. I like it a lot.
One question though. Why was their leader killed by the second episode? I mean, it's cool that they're bringing the guy from THE MUMMY movies in to the series but the Undercover original team leader was doing a good job.
Could there have been differences between the actor and the creators of the show after the pilot was filmed?
------------------
Andres
http://home.earthlink.net/~coolvirus

[Edited last by Andres Munoz on October 10, 2001 at 12:32 PM]

Don Black

Screenwriter
It seems like the show is a low-budget version of Bad Boys and Heat. Still, I find it entertaining. I actually think the show moves too fast. The entire first episode could have lasted a half a season. I think it will be difficult for the show to last unless they slow things down...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks