What's new

Any Xbox issues with the CD drive? (1 Viewer)

David Proud

Stunt Coordinator
Either my unit is defective or the xbox is extremely sensative to scratches or finger prints. It seems like randomly my xbox will either not read a cd or when playing a game and listening to it load a level you can hear the cd spin up and the it stops and restarts again loading the data, kinda like the xbox keeps reseting the cd.

Now I just bought a new game, no scratches nothing and sometimes it makes this noise with it too. is the noise normal? you hear it whine and spin, then stop in mid loading the xbox pauses on the loading level screen and then you hear the cd spin up again.

I hate to exchange the unit b/c I have it placed perfectly in my entertainment center and it actually works great with Dolby Digital, I would hate to exchange it for one of those bad DD chips they have and it would be a pain to remove it.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Mine acts that way with some Xbox magazine demo discs and some games that I've rented. (I'm currently renting Silent Hill 2 and it seems particularly bad in this regard)

However, the 3 games that I bought new have never had the slightest problem, so I'm guessing that the console must just be sensitive to disc imperfections & scratches.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks