What's new

Any word on CSI S1 Deluxe version? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Earlier this year the always excellent TV Shows on DVD passed along a report via TV Guide that Paramount and CBS planned to re-release CSI Season One in a new edition with new bonus features not included in the original release. The site speculated that this would be an obvious opportunity for them to remaster the set in 16:9 enhanced widescreen to match the subsequent sets. (Which got anamorphic releases after fans raised Hell about the fullscreen-only S1 release.)

Has anyone heard anything further about this? I was just drooling over the list of bonus features on the upcoming season 5 set, and that got me thinking about the rumored season one reissue. (That and my new Onkyo 6-disc "Now it's really easy to watch a full season of a TV show" DVD changer. :))

Regards,

Joe

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I was wondering about this too, maybe it's being postponed until the first half of 2006 so they can space it in between S5 and S6.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
They did do a price drop on the first two seasons, but it's the same version of S1 as before.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Don't even think that. I have no interest in participating in the Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD format war, or replacing any of my current DVDs until I see which side emerges as the (inevitable) sole standard from that debacle. But I can't seen Paramount releasing CSI: The Complete First Season as an HD exclusive in any event - not if they want to sell more than a few thousand copies. What percentage of U.S. homes actually have both HD service and HD monitors installed today. Two? Three? That's not a market, that's a focus group.

Regards,

Joe

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I just discovered CSI a few months ago and spent the summer catching up with reruns on both CBS and Spike TV. If they'd re-release season 1 in widescreen, I'd buy all 5 seasons on DVD. The first season being in full frame is basically what is keeping me from buying any of them right now.

I also don't think I'll be buying into either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD until one of the two formats wins the inevitable war that's ahead. I hope we see CSI in widescreen on DVD before that time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If they're waiting for HD, I think it's going to be a long, long time until shows like CSI make it to a high def DVD format. I know HBO is doing a few series but I doubt anything but the biggest of the big series will be out in HD for quite awhile especially when HD doesn't go anywhere fast. If HD catches on like DVD did, then you'll see it faster but unfortunately I don't think that'll be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks