What's new

Any "T2 Extreme" reviews? (1 Viewer)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
I'd like to know if the new NTSC transfer looks better than the current UK PAL Ultimate Edition.

Why would anyone buy this DVD if the picture quality was not a clear improvement over the current Ultimate Edition?

Guess there's the new commentary.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Do Not Name Retailers that break Street Dates!

I was at a Grand Opening of a store looking though the DVD racks and the T2 Extreme Edition was buired there. I though that this wasn't supposed to be out for another few weeks. Haven't watched yet because I just got it today. Does anyone know if it is supposed to be out because I may want to look for a better price

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
You can if you wish. I wouldn't mind knowing about the disc. Transfer, how's the commentary, extras, etc.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yes, you are the guinea pig. You need to go out
and get it and tell us how good the commentary
is and also report on the quality of the documentaries.
Oh, yeah- you have to give us a report on the
video transfer. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'll see what I can do, but I'm not very well versed in all the Technical Aspects of Video Quality. I hear E.E. alot about the old disc, but I'm not all that sure what to be looking for on this one. And my computer is not powerful enough to view the Windows Media HD version.

Do Not Name Retailers that break Street Dates!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
WillG,

What kind of TV and DVD player do you have? And, has it been ISF'd and/or calibrated with Avia?

No offense - but if you aren't using decent equip. or have proper calibration, you may not even see much of a difference.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I have a 32" Hitachi Ultravision HDTV Monitor. A JVC Progressive Scan DVD Player and a JVC RX-601AV. And I haven't had anything Calibrated so I would proabably wouldn't be the best canditate for a review. I can comment on the Commentary and the Documentary. Hopefully I will get to it before it officially streets

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Do Not Name Retailers that break Street Dates!"

Sorry, did not realize I was not supposed to do that.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I would be EXTREMELY interested in the HD version for the computer.
I'd like to know the resolution of the Windows Media edition. Everyone has been saying its HD but the latest ad in Widescreen Review only says "High Resolution". Pretty vague if you ask me.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
resolution should be 1920x1080p. That's what I heard. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark.J

Auditioning
1440x816p

Copied and pasted from another home theatre forum:

= 2.4 Ghz. Athlon XP 2600 plays well, but the 2100 does not (sorry, don't have numbers in between). Note that CBR means that we are at a disadvantage compared to the VBR used on the MPEG-2 standard def. But having just done the comparison to D-VHS, I am feeling pretty good about our quality .

And just confirming, we are using progressive encoding, not interlace (the source is in progressive). So there is no 1080i but your PC will be happy to output this for you should you set it up this way.

Amir
Microsoft
The actual link is here. I apologise if this is not correct protocol for pasted quotes or information sources, i am sure an administrator will correct my post if not. ;)

Gruson

Second Unit
I have heard the T2 WM9 version looks better than DVHS!

I cannot wait to watch T2 in HD...yeah baby!

Someone please send me a PM on where they have seen the DVD and I will post a HD review...my HTPC is hooked up to a 65" ISF calibrated HDTV.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I have watched some of this. There is already a thread about the transfer so I won't go into much detail on this. But it is pretty nice looking. I'm about halfway through the film in the "Interactive Mode" which plays with an subtitle info track and has Infinifilm type stops on it as well. The track is pretty detailed. It mostly technical but has story related info and info related to production. It's very informative and contains virtually no gaps. I've had to rewind several times because I could not keep up. The stops are have many details as well, that are related to effects, sound, general production and also shows storyboards of sequences that never got filmed. I'm not sure if all the stops are just recycled from the Ultimate Edition, so some of the stuff may not be anything new to people who really dug through that edition. If you watch the interactive mode, you are going to spend significant time getting through the film. I have not listened to commentary yet. I hope to do so later. I'm sure someone on the other thread said something about it, and suggested that it is screen specific.

GOOD NEWS (Easter Egg Spoiler!)

And in case you haven't read on this on the other thread yet, the first disc DOES contain the theatical version on the 1st disc!! On the main menu, highlight "Sensory Control" hit the right arrow button on your remote 5 times which will light up "The Future is Not Set" Text, click on it and you will be given a "Play Theatrical Version" Option

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks