What's new

Any recommendations for a new 1080p 42 inch DLP HDTV unit? (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Any recommendations for a new 1080p 42 inch DLP HDTV unit? Is this type of resolution ONLY available for 50+ inch DLP HDTV units? BTW, I only can fit a 42 inch unit in my apartment. Thanks.

Regards,
orestes

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Wow, nobody cares to explain why I cannot fine a 42 inch DLP HDTV unit with 1080p?

Oh well, c'est la vie!
orestes

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Right now the smallest 1080p set from Samsung seems to be the HLS5087 (which is what I'm getting). The 42- and 46-inch sets are all in the xx86 line, which are 720p only.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Thank you, Mark. Does anyone know what are the dimension of the 50 inch screen in term of W x H? I can only fit max 40 inch wide screen in my apartment. My current HD RPTV is just 38 inches wide even the the screen is 40 inch screen. Thanks for anyone's input.

Never mind about the size question, I cannot fit a Samsung that Mark mentioned since its dimensions are 50"(w) x 37.6"(h) x 19.7 (d). I cannot even do this even when I re-arrange the furniture by buying TV stand for the 50" DLP HDTV. I guess I can still wait and hope that when I am ready to buy some time next year, the 42" DLP version will display 1080p.

Regards,
orestes

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Westinghouse has a 37" and a 42" 1080p LCD, I don't know if that will work for you, but I might as well throw it out there.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Garret:

Thanks for your comment; however, I was reading a lot about LCD and PLASMA, and what I don't like is the short life span of these TV units. I am looking for a set that will last at least 6 or 7 years.

I have seen lots of posts recently where people start complaining about these LCD and PLASMA TV units after just 4 years of use. I watch lots of TV, and play video games; thus, I want to get my money's worth.

I can still hang in here with my Toshiba HDTV TW40X81 model. So I have at least a year and half before I get serious about buying a replacement. Eventually, the toshiba set will end up at my daughter's home (my daughter lives with her mom and not with me).

Thanks again.

Regards,
orestes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks