Any new dvds from "Ziyi Zhang" coming?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon Allen, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Brandon Allen

Are ther any new Ziyi Zhang DVDs out. I already have:
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Rush Hour 2 and The Road Home...does she have any new region 1 dvds coming in the near future?

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I could have swore her name was Zhang Ziyi [​IMG] IMDB seems to have a problem with foreign names and tends to put the last name first when they list actors or directors (they also list Zhang Yimou as Yimou Zhang). Or maybe the way IMDB has it is correct(ed)?? I just go by the DVD cases and those say Zhang Ziyi. Otherwise, the only film I had heard she was involved in was Zu Warriors but that got buried or forgotten somewhere along the line.
    Bruce

3. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

4. Paul-Gunther

Paul-Gunther Stunt Coordinator

You are correct.

5. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim

6. Brandon Allen

That is ironic that you mentioned that...when I originally typed her name I started with Zhang Ziyi , then questioned it and went to IMDB, which had it the way I stated in my topic....should have went straight to the dvd cases.....thanks for the correction. I noticed EBAY stated some DVDs from overseas that I had not seen, even a box set for Zhang Ziyi. I would be curious to know if any of those films will make it to dvd in the United States.

7. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Since CROUCHING TIGER appeared, Zhang Ziyi has starred in a big-budget historical epic from Korea called MUSA, full of action and very well reviewed (it played to packed houses, and reportedly appreciative audiences at the Melbourne International Film Festival last month). I haven't seen it, but (hope the moderators are cool with this) here's a link to the Korean DVD (which has English subs) which is available from one Stateside etailer. I gather the movie is quite violent (with a lot of epic battle scenes) and has a substantial romantic subplot concerning Zhang Ziyi's character and a Korean soldier, but I haven't picked up the disc myself yet to check it out in any detail.
    http://www.pokerindustries.com/acatalog/musadvd.htm

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    She is one ffffiiiiiinnnnnne looking actress. I may not know much but that I know. I love her choreography as well.

9. ashley c

ashley c Stunt Coordinator

10. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

You may want to note that the import of ZU WARRIORS is the complete version.

The upcoming Buena Vista/Dimension/Disney release is incomplete. It's heavily cut and the soundtrack has been totally replaced. It is also English dubbed. They have also changed the story with the dubbing and cutting severely.

Matt