What's new

Any ideas on who else besides Panamax... (1 Viewer)

paul koster

Agent
Any ideas on who else besides Panamax that makes to-code in-wall power wall plates? I am installing a plasma on a wall and I want to run the power/av cables in the wall. I have what I want for the av cables except for the power. I can't seem to find any another company. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on alternatives i.e. stuff at home depot that can be used to do same thing?

Thanks
Paul

Edit. Actually what I want is to NOT rewire an outlet from the floor up to the height of the tv but bring the power cord of the tv through the wall down to the outlet near the floor. Make sense?

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
I am assuming that you are talking about the Max In-wall Power Kit by Panamax. I know that RGPC (Richard Gray) also makes a similar product.

The problem is that you can't put an IEC power cord into the wall because it's against building/fire code. The Panamax solution jumps power between an inlet and outlet plate using Romex wire. At $300 retail, it's surely expensive, but it might cost even more in parts/labor to have an electrician wire for a dedicated outlet for a plasma or projector.

paul koster

Agent
Nick,
I am talking about the powermax setup. and yes, at $300 a pop way too much. I also know that running a cord in-wall is not code That's why I was trying to come up with less expensive alternative solutions. I think I could go to Home Depot and get some romex and plugs and do the same thing as what the Panamax does.

Also, any link to Richard Gray?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks