What's new

Any hope of Planes Trains & Automobiles SE? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I know there are deleted scenes; and there were no features on the current release.

Any hope of an SE?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
paramount is re-releasing ferris beuer day off.. its possible that they might revisit planes, trains, and auto.

JACOB

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy an improved dvd faster than Del Griffith can take off his socks in an airplane, but I'm not holding my breath waiting, like I would be on the plane. :)

John*P

Second Unit
Do I see a "Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Special Edition" being released? No...

A "Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Those Aren't Pillows! Edition"? Maybe...

This is a Paramount title, mind you. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
One of the sweetest films ever made, i'd definitely be up for a revisit of this classic. :emoji_thumbsup:

Some other title suggestions for the dvd...

...I Can Take Anything Edititon.

...Go With the Flow Edition.

...Your Messin' with the Wrong Guy! Edition.

...Three-Legged Ballerina Edition.

...Rosey Fucking Cheeks Editon. Well, maybe not.

:D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Hell they can call it the ...I've been wearing the same underwear since Tuesday edition for all I care, so long as they come out with a great special edition with great PQ and deleted scenes.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Considering the lackluster job put into the so-called "special edition" of Ferris Bueller, I wouldn't count on getting much with an eventual Planes SE. I'd really be shocked to see ANY deleted scenes on it, let alone the legendary 3-hour cut Hughes has mentioned before. It seems that none of Hughes' 80s comedies have received the treatment they deserve on DVD. I'm still waiting for the much-requested Breakfast Club SE too. :frowning:

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Apparently, the SE comes out tomorrow. Any reviews posted anywhere?

There is a two-minute clip from one of the featurettes on Amazon's page. Looks good: vintage press conference footage from the airport set and it looks like Edie McClurg and Michael McKean have been interviewed but no sign of Steve Martin (so far).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JIOOAI/ref=cm_rdp_product

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Apparently, the SE comes out tomorrow. Any reviews posted anywhere?
Paramount has stopped sending review product to the majority of websites out there...the larger sites like DVDTalk still seem to be getting product for review, but I know first-hand they've just stopped sending out both DVDs and Blu-Rays to most of us. Doesn't seem to matter if it's a big time title like "Transformers 2" or a catalog title like "Chinatown" either -- all they say is that their product is "limited," and they don't know if it's "permanent or temporary," which is probably code for "we're running out of money and are cutting back whereever we can."

Could very well be a sign of the fiscal problems the studio is having (which resulted in that Scorsese film being pushed into next year apparently)...

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Mike_Richardson

Paramount has stopped sending review product to the majority of websites out there...the larger sites like DVDTalk still seem to be getting product for review, but I know first-hand they've just stopped sending out both DVDs and Blu-Rays to most of us. Doesn't seem to matter if it's a big time title like "Transformers 2" or a catalog title like "Chinatown" either -- all they say is that their product is "limited," and they don't know if it's "permanent or temporary," which is probably code for "we're running out of money and are cutting back whereever we can."

Could very well be a sign of the fiscal problems the studio is having (which resulted in that Scorsese film being pushed into next year apparently)...

The review on DVDtalk is up, but Paramount did not send the DVD to the DVDtalk reviewer, they stated in the review they purchased the item from Target.

Looks like the extras are so,so but the video has improved dramatically over the previous release.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I picked up a copy from amazon. I got it on friday. the PQ is much better then before. the same print that they used for the HD. the extras are okay. very light.

Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks