What's new

Any Elite 43 or 45 sightings? (1 Viewer)

Scott*CB

Grip
The stats are up on the Pioneer site but I'm wondering if anyone has actually seen these yet or knows when will they be out.

I'm about to jump on an 811S or a 41 but I'd hate to have the 43 hit stores before I get it set up.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
you can buy them online, I haven't seen them at the local B&M yet but I wasn't really looking either. The 45tx can be had through www.shopping.yahoo.com for anywhere from $900-$1,200 and the 43tx can had from $750-$1,000. Those are the only sites I've seen with them.
Links:
45tx
Link Removed
43tx
Link Removed
Daniel Smith

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 811S is a great receiver. That's what i'm currently running. I upgraded from the 810S to get DPLII, 7.1 speaker setup abilit, and cuz one of my friends bought my 810S and some old KLH speakers from me for $300.

Going from an 811S to a Elite 41 would be smaller than a baby step. They're the exact same receiver! Other than 10 watts, RE-EQ, and the LCD remote, they're exactly the same. It's not worth anotehr $150 to $200 just for what i mentioned.

However, going from the 811S to an Elite 43TX or 45TX would be a giant step. THX certification, DTS 96/24, Dual Motorola DSP, Discrete MOSFET amplification, full power to both back surround channels (the 811S and 41 shares amplification for both back surrounds in a 7.1 setup), component video switching w/ bandwith suitable for HDTV, and the kicker on the 45TX is the Automatic MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration). The 43 has Standard MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration), which is better than no MCACC at all. Only downfall of the 43TX and 45TX is it looks like the remote has really small buttons and is rather crowded.

If you're looking for a solid receiver for not much money, get the 811S. If you want a high end receiver, get the 43TX or 45TX. Either way, i wouldn't reccomend the 41. Don't buy the 41 and try to convince yourself it's a high end receiver, because you'll have pretty much bought a shiney 811S.

Hopefully my next receiver will be a 43TX or 45TX, but that is probably atleast 9 months away.

Scott*CB

Grip
Wow! I have been checking Yahoo and it didn't come up. It's a pretty big gap between the 41 and 43 but it looks like it might be worth it.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
It just seams to me that buying the 41 would be a waste of $200, since it's the exact same receiver as the 811S, excluding re-eq and 10watts per channel.

The 43TX looks amazing for the price. I want it. Now. Unfortuanatly i'm a college sophmore who is going to have to live w/ his 811s for atleast a few more months (it's soooo tough, i don't know how i'll ever survive *LOL*).

I do seriously hope to upgrade to the 43TX in a few months. I like the idea of the automatic calibration on the 45TX, but it just doesn't seam worth $200 extra, especially since i already have my trusty analog ratshack spl meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks