What's new

Any Early Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones Soundtrack CD Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved it, although the love theme is a regurgitation of the Peter Pan theme from Hook. Great connections in score between TPM and the OT.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
No official reviews to link for you, but personally I think it's a great score. Heads and shoulders above TPM, and probably some of William's best work - the Love Theme in particular is pretty amazing.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed it also. Although I have not heard the while soundtrack yet. I have been listening to it via an online radio station called www.live365.com . The final song has me psyched to see the new movie.
Also, in case you dont know, Wal-mart CD's will have an exclusive track that is not available elsewhere. So if you are by a Walmart I would buy it there.

RyanM

Agent
Specifically, the bonus track will be found to the three "collector's" CDs which will feature covers that depict specific characters (the normal disc features the poster art). I don't know if these discs are exclusive to Wal Mart; I was under the impression that that was a rumor.

Ryan

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Honestly I'm gonna hold out on this one until an "Ultimate Edition" with the full score comes out, just like they did with Ep1. I didn't like how they cut and mixed up the score in a srange order with only 17 tracks or so. The SE scores back in '97 spoiled me, so I want a two disc set.

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I think the soundtrack is very good. "Across The Stars" (track #2)is currently my favorite. The insert is really neat with pics from the movie and captions. I'm not a big instrumental listener, but I do appreciate a great soundtrack. You can't really go wrong with John Williams (Star Wars) or Hans Zimmer(Gladiator).

Are there any major spoilers in the track names or pictures, like there was with Episode 1 and "Qui-Gon's Noble End"!! (Man that pissed me off). :)

FYI... my first stop this morning was to Wall-mart, based on the comments above I thought that would be a good idea... well, they didn’t have a display anywhere, and in the music section, I asked one of the salesman and got one of those “deer-in-the-headlight” looks in return. I leave, a bit irritated because I made a special trip to Wall-mart, I usually don’t go there, it’s “across the tracks” (both figuratively and literally!) if you know what I mean. ;) Okay. Off to Best-Buy - they had a small section, about 100 CDs total in the soundtrack area with 4 different cover artwork (the poster, Yoda, Stormtrooper, one other I can’t remember), and an exclusive “Best-Buy” sticker on the outside of the package. For all you left-coasters reading this with your morning coffee, skip Wall-mart go to Best-Buy. :)
Craig,
In the track titles there is something about: pursuit, confrontation, departing, escape, return, ambush, assassin, & the chase. I don’t know what all this means yet. But, if you really hate spoilers you might want to avoid the full titles. ;)
Now, I’m going to go crack open the package and give it a spin!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Actually there has been mass confusion with the CD release folks. Allow me to bring you all up to speed:
Walmart does NOT carry the bonus track. They offer an exclusive screensaver on the copies they sell. TARGET however are carrying the exclusive rights to sell the 14 track version of the CD in the US
The bonus track ("on the converyor belt") is not listed on the back of the case but in Target stores it should carry a sticker on the front, the track can only be found on the copies with the ltd edition cover art.
Outside of the US it's a non issue since Target does not exist. In UK and Europe (where the CD is official out on the 29th) the 14th track is exclusive to all copies of the CDs with the ltd edition cover art in all stories that carry them.
Worldwide, you should be looking for the 'SK89965' serial number for the 14 track version of the CD.
As some may know, many of us in the big Star Wars thread in movies have been naughty and have been listening to the score release for about a month now. I do love it, as an album it is better produced than the initial TPM album though we're still missing 60+ mins of Clones' additional score, but this was to be expected. Fingers crossed for a 2 disc anytime soon? I am not too confident given how poorly produced the TPM Ultimate Edition album was and how badly it sold...
: pursuit, confrontation, departing, escape, return, ambush, assassin, & the chase. I don’t know what all this means yet.
If you've seen the three teasers and the final trailer then the titles of each track should be on no concern as they all take their names after things you see in the trailers. Nothing like the Qui Gon incident here. HOWEVER, if you know your Star Wars music really well, musicaly track 11 is one giant spoiler.
I am sad not to have the true cue of score that will accompany the Confrontation with Dooku, as the word is the music for this moment in the film gives Duel of the Fates a run for its money. The Confrontation & Finale cue on the CD is sadly the music for the tail end of this great scene. :frowning:
Dan
NP: Star Wars Attack of the Clones - John Williams

Hey Dan, thanks for the updated info. FYI - It appears all the CD's at Target have the extra track, even the ones with the poster art as the cover. As long as it has the sticker on it that says "Exclusive Bonus Track only at Target". (I know because I went out and bought one). I had a hard time deciding which cover to get so I went with the one that would match most other Star Wars SDTKs I have that feature the poster art. I like the sticker that says "Collect all 4 covers while supplies last". Is anyone really crazy enough to buy 4 CD's for the cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks