What's new

Any Diff between the Pre/Pro on Denon receivers??? (1 Viewer)

John Cain

Second Unit
I'm looking for an inexpensive, but still pretty good pre/pro.
I am giving serious consideration to getting one of the lower Denon receivers with DPL2, and I'm wondering if there is much, or any, difference between the pre/pro sections and performance between the Denon 3802 or 2802 and the Denon 4802 and the 5000 ??
Any thoughts, or info anyone can share with me??
Thanks in advance!
-- John
------------------

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
The retail prices are an indication of the differences between the receivers. Where one hears the difference between setups is another matter as you'll hear some debate over this topic. I, for one, have heard a noticable difference between the 5800 and 4800 while others heard differences to much lesser degrees. However, there IS a noticable difference in the materials used between the receivers.
1) The 3802 has Analog devices SHARC Processors and DACS on all channels and the 2802 does not.
2) The 4802 has dual Analog Devices SHARC 32 bit floating point DSP processors and Analog Devices AD-1854 24 bit, 96 kHz highest resolution DACs.
3) The 5800 has dual Analog Devices SHARC 32 bit floating point DSP processors and Analog Devices AD-1853 24 bit, 192 kHz highest resolution DACs - each audio channel operating in dual-DAC differential mode • Pure Audio mode, features 4 DACs per audio channel in dual-differential mode - a notable jump in preamp performance over the 4802.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks