What's new

any advice needed (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Hi all,
I just graduated from the University of Florida. My friend and I have realized, with the sudden appearance of money, that our dream of opening a home audio/video store doesnt just have to necessarily be a dream anymore.
My friend went to FullSail, and majored in something that makes him knowledgable about installing (while the home is being built) different componants needed for home theater. My uncle is a contractor and he sub-contracted us to pre-wire and pick out audio/video componants for a few houses, and we have gotten nothing but praise from the new homeowners.
We would like to take this to another level and open up our own store. We will specialize in home-install/pre-wiring, etc..but I would also like to have a store with everything from sony to denon and so on....
Does anyone know anything about becoming a retailer/being able to purchase from sony, denon, all of those at wholesale prices. Just anything to get started. I realize that I may be trying to chase a dream that probably wont happen, but that doesnt mean that I'm not going to give it my best shot.
Now, there already is another small audio/video shop here in town, but their prices are waaaay too high and the people there are snobs. So I think thay here in Gainesville is a good place to start.
ANY advice will help....
you can reply here or email me at [email protected]
Thank you
anthony moore

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Just a suggestion - a more descriptive thread heading might draw more traffic in here. The current heading gives no indication what this thread is about, so some people who could have helped you might end up never looking in here.
Sadly, I don't think the "Edit" function allows you to change the heading. You might try contacting the administrators and see if they can help you.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
My advice would be to go slow and make sure you company has zero debt. Perhaps develop a relationship with some of the local dealers there and purchase equipment from them. This will allow you to continue to keep costs down. If you decide you want to carry some electronics and speakers, why not get in touch with a few of the online companies and see about selling their merchandise? Perhaps that will bring more business your way, even if it is just for people to purchase the equipment from you. The best thing for your business would be to have zero debt. You do not have to be the cheapest out there either. Just be the best that you possible can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks