What's new

Ants...how can I kill them!!! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Normal ground dwelling ants don't bother me a whole lot, its them huge black flying ants that I REALLY dislike. Don't have too many around here though but when I visit the west coast they are always buzzing about.
I pitched my tent south of the city a little while ago and woke up to a whack of little red ants on the fly. I had put the tent under an apple tree and figured they were falling out of it. I won't be making that mistake again.
------------------

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ya know what's really sadistic? regarding your subject header and how to kill ants: if you're looking for a real sadistic way of killing ants is the next time you have a BBQ with a BBQ grill that has a lid, take some ants and put them on the grill when it's nice and hot and watch the ants dance. As a small teen, I admit to doing this on a bunch of carpenter ants and enjoying watching them dance until they die...
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Jason L.

Second Unit
What about those ultrasonic pest repellers that you plug into a wall outlet. Do those work?

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I never had any luck or success with the bait style killers. The ants never even took a nibble. After a few hectic years battling those pesky varmits, here is the strategy that I found works best for me.
The key to keeping ants out of your house is killing them before they get into your house. Kill them while they are still in your yard. Killing them in the yard makes it hard for them to mount up enough force to maintain a large sustained presence in your house. Clean up is easier this way too. Like a few other have stated, Diazinon kicks major butt !!! You may have to re-apply every 3 weeks or so. When you first see a couple of scounts meandering on the back patio, spray the whole lawn, especially around the house. I use to offer my wife & kids 1 dollar for every live ant they saw on our property the day after I'd spray. Still no pay outs.
Ants are amazing. Along with bees, they are probably the most interesting insects we have.
------------------
"Nobody move a muscle."
GROOOWLLLLL !
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Ants are amazing. Along with bees, they are probably the most interesting insects we have.
That is true. I sat and watched the ants scurry around for a bit, but then I woke up and realized...hey wait...they are on MY carpet! DIE DIE DIE DIE! Then I sat and watched as they shriveled up and stopped moving after I sprayed them with raid. That was more fun than watching them scurry. The really really wierd thing is that I have not seen any since I killed the batch that was there this weekend. I'm still having the apartment complex bug guy spray on thursday though...I'm taking no chances. I've got a nice collection of dead bugs at my door though, inside and out. They must be walking right up to it and croaking as soon as they get in the area...oh that's satisfying!
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I use the Grants stakes from Home Depot and they work pretty well although I haven't had a major infestation. I usually only see ants when some type of food gets left out on the counter. Nothing like waking up in the morning to a counter full of ants!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks