What's new

Another stupid laserdisc question (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, so I FINALLY get my Star Wars definitive edition. I sit down to watch it. Beautiful. Until the last 5-10 minutes or so and then the sound starts skipping, the picture starts stopping and starting until the end of the disk. Crap. Ah well, one bad disc. Nope, they all do it. I know it must be the player, but it only happens at the end of the disks. Anybody here experience that? Is there an easy fix for it? It's a LDP 1550 if that helps. Any information would GREATLY be appreciated.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
This is a fairly lame suggestion, but, what happens if you jump straight to the last chapter on any of the LDs?

Jim

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Trust me, the problem is more likely your machine than the disc itself. I had the same problem with the SW CAV set of the original cuts and it wasn't until years later I realized that bad players will sometimes do that and now they play fine.

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
If I jump right to the last chapter, it still does it. I figure it's the machine, though, since it does it on all the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks