Another stupid laserdisc question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Jones, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones Stunt Coordinator

Okay, so I FINALLY get my Star Wars definitive edition. I sit down to watch it. Beautiful. Until the last 5-10 minutes or so and then the sound starts skipping, the picture starts stopping and starting until the end of the disk. Crap. Ah well, one bad disc. Nope, they all do it. I know it must be the player, but it only happens at the end of the disks. Anybody here experience that? Is there an easy fix for it? It's a LDP 1550 if that helps. Any information would GREATLY be appreciated.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

This is a fairly lame suggestion, but, what happens if you jump straight to the last chapter on any of the LDs?

Jim

3. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

Trust me, the problem is more likely your machine than the disc itself. I had the same problem with the SW CAV set of the original cuts and it wasn't until years later I realized that bad players will sometimes do that and now they play fine.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Moving this to Audio/Video Sources, since it's really about the hardware.

5. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones Stunt Coordinator

If I jump right to the last chapter, it still does it. I figure it's the machine, though, since it does it on all the discs.