What's new

Anone ever had regrets from Upgrading? (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
You ever bring home that nice shiny piece of equipment, only to later regret it? Today I brought home a nice new Marantz SR6200. Performance wise, this thing is GREAT! The two channel audio IMHO was head and shoulders above my old Link Removed. WHy, you ask, am I regreting the purchase though? I really really really prefer the way that the Denon looks over the Marantz. I wonder if my girlfriend has been secretly feeding me subliminal messages to influence my HT equipment purchases? Anywhoo... fess up! Who else has gone out and blew a boat load of money only to egret your purchase!

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
every once and a while I go and listen to my little Bros system (hand me down yamaha 995 reciever, HMD vandersteen model 1 speaks, or B&W 602, and some other somewhat "cheep" equiptment, I am always amazed at how good you can get a "budget" system to sound, sure it isn't as good as my system, but very impressive for the $$).

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
No regrets as every upgade I've done cost me minimal $$ cause I sold the part I was replacing.

Kevin

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I upgraded my old Kenwood Pro-Logic receiver to a Marantz AV550 pre/pro and a couple of Parasound amps.

The Marantz AV550 is a piece of crap. Well, it is better than the old receiver in terms of processing, but I now find myself very limited with what I want to do. Yesterday I found a 12 volt power adapter lying around so I decided I could trigger one of the amps on and off if I plugged the adapter into the switched outlet on the back of the Marantz. Oh sorry, there are only unswitched outlets, no triggering for the Parasound amp. There aren't any 5.1 inputs on the Marantz for my SACD player. No DTS either. I guess I should have spent more for a better upgrade.

By the way, I do love the Parasound amps.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You prefer the look of the Denons over Marantz? I LIKE the simple, symetrical look of the 6200. Personally, I don't relly care how it LOOKS...:D I'm quite pleased with the way it sounds though ;)

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Yea, my statement goes along with Richards as in regretting spending more money then I had for a piece I had to have. I have NO willpower whatsoever. Afford it or not, I'm getting it:frowning::) :angry: :frowning: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks